Full Version: couple more neat vintage race pics
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
brant
annoying link because you have to log onvintage

click on the picture with the vette and mustang
then use Upper case RMVR and lower case pueblo as the log on info

brant
brant
I know I'm blowing my own horn, but I love this shot and just broke down and ordered it.

I wish I could claim that I was about to pass the vette, but the truth is that he had passed me on the straight away 4 corners earlier. I could stay right on his butt throught the twistys but his extra 400hp really gave him an advantage down the 1/2 mile straight:
john rogers
What gears are you running? In the twisty stuff you should get far enough ahead that he is just catching you at the braking zone and of course we know that Porsches do brake better than Vetts!
brant
Thats a part of my problem
I didn't have the funding left over to build my new box.
so I had to freshen my -4 box and make due with A/F/K-L/S/X
Next fall I'm doing a new box with a new diff, 5.5 clutch, active 2nd gear and F first gear (no reverse)

Another problem is that I'm running a low rpm pill in the msd and still trying to break the motor in. Plus, my dyno appointment is scheduled for 7/30/05 and I'm still running San Diego jetting in this motor so it hesitates, and stumbles all over.

excuses.. excusess..

but seriously this is around a 500hp vette, and I'm guessing I'm at around 160hp. The straight is a 1/4 mile drag strip with a 1/4 mile run off. The vette has probably 40miles per hour more entry speed than me. I catch him in the first corner and need to build up my courage so I can pass him there too....

just need to get faster is all.
brant
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.