Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What to do with old trannys
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
cwpeden
What would you guys do? I'm running out of storage and there isn't a lineup of people looking for one to buy in my neck of the woods.

There are 2 side and 2 tail-shift.

I was thinking strip down for some salvageable parts and gun the cases? If so what parts?
mepstein

next time you are at a 914 event, bring a tranny and give it away. Someone will want it.
Or just put an ad in Craigslist for free and put them on the curb.

Around here, a side shift core is $200-300.
Dr Evil
If you could get them over the boarder to ship, I'd take them. wink.gif

However, my hope is next year to do a clinic up in Seattle area and you could drop them by then. If you want to part them, I can guide you on how to and what is worth while. PM me for more info.
1970-1914
Hey - I am in Vancouver and would come over and grab them if they were going to get tossed.
Tdskip
Well that didn't talk long!
mepstein
photo deleted.
jrblackbox
QUOTE(mepstein @ Oct 11 2018, 09:55 AM) *

w00t.gif

Trannys?
JoeD
QUOTE(mepstein @ Oct 11 2018, 01:55 PM) *

w00t.gif

Took me a minute. lol-2.gif
restore2seater
Kind of scary Mark. Wondering why you would have access to pictures and knowledge of old trannies. poke.gif
Not that there's anything wrong with that.
SO.O.C914er
Too funny guys lol-2.gif av-943.gif
mepstein
QUOTE(restore2seater @ Oct 11 2018, 02:46 PM) *

Kind of scary Mark. Wondering why you would have access to pictures and knowledge of old trannies. poke.gif
Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Isn’t google wonderful.
cwpeden
Yah, I debated on the title of this thread... dry.gif

You still didnt offer a solution mepstein.....oops I take that back
Spoke

w00t.gif

You know Mark we're trying to be serious around here. Enough with your high shool hi-jinks. Although it did give me a good chuckle. beerchug.gif
mepstein
QUOTE(Spoke @ Oct 11 2018, 04:30 PM) *

w00t.gif

You know Mark we're trying to be serious around here. Enough with your high shool hi-jinks. Although it did give me a good chuckle. beerchug.gif

I have to be very PC at school so it basically means keeping my mouth shut all the time.
mobymutt
I would love a spare transmission if I could get one inexpensively!
mankowski
QUOTE(mepstein @ Oct 11 2018, 01:40 PM) *

w00t.gif

I have to be very PC at school so it basically means keeping my mouth shut all the time.

Unpleasant and hurtful. Why necessary? This kind of thing limits my interest in participating in 914world. Trying to excuse it doesn't take it away.

To anticipate one critique: I do not identify as transgender, but it wouldn't deflect anything if I did.

Want information?
Also, this.

Steve
Now you did it!! IBTL
AZBanks
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6cxNR9ML8k
mepstein
QUOTE(mankowski @ Oct 12 2018, 08:30 PM) *

QUOTE(mepstein @ Oct 11 2018, 01:40 PM) *

w00t.gif

Unpleasant and hurtful. Why necessary? This kind of thing limits my interest in participating in 914world. Trying to excuse it doesn't take it away.

To anticipate one critique: I do not identify as transgender, but it wouldn't deflect anything if I did.

Want information?
Also, this.

I'm sorry if you decided to morph a picture I posted from the internet to me hating transgender individuals but you certainly have the right to be wrong.
iankarr
I have no dog in this fight, and 100% respect the rights of everyone to live and love as they wish, but posting a pic of old transgender individuals without commentary doesn’t seem to me to be hurtful. The lack of perspective and a sense of context and humor is what’s really hurting our society these days... just my 02....
Steve
QUOTE(cuddy_k @ Oct 13 2018, 09:19 AM) *

I have no dog in this fight, and 100% respect the rights of everyone to live and love as they wish, but posting a pic of old transgender individuals without commentary doesn’t seem to me to be hurtful. The lack of perspective and a sense of context and humor is what’s really hurting our society these days... just my 02....

agree.gif
I’m 58, maybe it’s my generation, but this generation of “you hurt my feelings” drives me up the wall.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.