Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: rear shock and coilover install video
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
iankarr
Hi Guys,

I just (finally) swapped out my KYB shocks with Bilsteins and the Ground Control coilover kit. HUGE difference.

Here's the video. Hope it helps anyone thinking of tackling this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCEl24tNEfo

Enjoy!
mepstein
Thanks for the video. The kyb’s are good to make a chassis a roller but not much else.
iankarr
Yep. and if you look closely in the video, the PO even had the perch drain in totally the wrong spot. I'm amazed I didn't find more rust in there!
defianty
Thanks for that. I have a similar setup and didn't know about trimming the bump stop down. As I've yet to install them I'll go ahead and do that.
mepstein
I don’t think kyb’s were ever stock. People used to install as the “performance” upgrade but they weren’t.
pete000
Been there done that...
Costa05
Great video. I will doing this replacement soon so the timing is perfect for me.
Thanks
VaccaRabite
Which model Bilstein's should be used here?

Zach
mepstein
QUOTE(VaccaRabite @ Oct 11 2018, 09:09 PM) *

Which model Bilstein's should be used here?

Zach

HD. The sports are very stiff and more of a track damper.
iankarr
The ones I used are 24-001793. B46-0179. Recommended by Eric at PMB (where I bought them) and apparently the only rear option on the Bilstein website for 914s. Ground Control makes a similar system for Konis and other brands as well.
seanery
KYB = Kill Yer Back

I heard that years and years ago, and it still rings true!
Lucky9146
Excellent helpful video and thread. beerchug.gif
driving.gif white914.jpg
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.