Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: looking to borrow carb parts
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
brant
I've got a dyno date scheduled for 7/30
this is a long shot, but does anybody have Extra unused webber 40mm IDA-C or IDS carb parts that I could borrow for just one day? (or buy)

The race shop guy (AJ) wants me to bring an assortment of stuff along.

I'm going to place an order with PMO or redline, but its going to be more $ than I really want to spend... (isn't it always)

so I thought that if anyone happend to have EXTRA jets, emulsion tubes, etc that I could borrow for one day it would help buffer the cost.

my list of what I still need (each 6x):
-Chokes 35mm
-Air Corr. Jets: 140's and 150's
-Emulsion Tube F23
-Main Jets 140's and 150's

thanks for your time all
brant
Joe Bob
I have some single barrel baby webers with 1.7/2.0 manifolds....
brant
thats a kind offer Mike,

(I just realized I typed IDS when I meant IDC-s... I've got a cold and I'm going to blame the cough medicine)

but I doubt the parts interchange with the 6 barrel jobbies... thanks for the offer though.

brant
ArtechnikA
i've got some of those parts -- lemme check my stash this weekend.

venturiis and mains, for sure. no AC that small i am sure tho.
do you already have the 906 aux vents?
i would reluctantly loan you my detailed set if not, but i do need them back or it'll be ask-Uncle-Guido time :-) ...
brant
thanks a ton rich,

I've got a buddy with a 906 motor'd teener that is checking his stash this weekend too... He used to run 40's and has left over bits.

I'll get his list and cross check then.

So what are the 906 aux vents?
(edumicate me please)

brant
ArtechnikA
QUOTE (brant @ Jun 17 2005, 01:34 PM)
So what are the 906 aux vents?

This Picture shows them as part 68, right above the main venturi.
this picture shows the short ones.

they improve the metering signal and throttle response by getting the "atmospheric reference" right at the top of the velocity stack, rather than down in the (potential) reversion zone.

just curious: have you done the float bowl pickup mod, the "slosh dam' mod, and the anti-percolation mod? they're probably all on my list - percolation mod for sure...
brant
Thanks for the pictures...
so dad said that he was going to open ours up again and check which aux vents we have...

regarding the mods.
we have the slosh baffling
and we have the anti-perc modifications.

I didn't personally do either modification so I don't know/can't tell if we have the float bowl pick up modification or not.

brant
ArtechnikA
QUOTE (brant @ Jun 17 2005, 02:46 PM)
...dad said that he was going to open ours up again and check which aux vents we have...

don't need to open anything - if your aux venturiis come to the top of the velocity stacks, they're the improved ones.

the factory ones just come to the top of the carb body - you can tell at a glance.
brant
Ok...
then we definitely do not have updated ones.

brant
Gint
You can borrow my carbs and whatever's in them Brant. I don't know offhand what that is though.
brant
Thanks Mike,

thats a very kind offer..

does anyone know what emulsion tubes would be stock on the IDC's that mike has?

brant
ArtechnikA
stock /6 carbs were IDT's...
i don't have any emulsion tubes in my spares stash so my guess is the F26's i took out of the carb a couple of weekends ago are original.

BTW - here's a photo of a carb with 906 preatomiser aux venturiis...
ArtechnikA
you still need that stuff ?
brant
Ok...
I've been working on my list.
I think I'm covered but thank you.
I've got a local set of tall venturi's to borrow and I'm going to place an order tuesday-ish to get jets..

I'll update this thread tuesday, but I think I'm 95% there.

That is a DANG nice offer on your end Rich!

brant
TimT
I went through one of my box-o-weber parts,

I have F2 and F26 Emulsion tubes

125,130,135 main jets

185 air correction jets.

I have a spare set of Webers I could pull apart and see whats in them.

you can borrow test with any of that if you like.

What size engine is yours again?

brant
Its an itty bitty 2.0/S motor.
let me cross reference my list..
nice offer Tim!

brant
TimT
My experience shows that 35(36?) mm chokes are way to large for a 2.0

I had my 2.2 tuned nicely (before I put EFI on it)

using:

32 chokes
130 mains
55idles
180 air
F3 emulsion

I also set these carbs up before we had WBo2's, and I knew about dynos..

just set them up using plug cuts.

I think larger than 140 mains will be to rich, 36mm chokes you will lose low end, not that a 2.0 has much low end grunt anyway

I love setting up carbs smile.gif

brant
Tim,

I think our altitude is part of the difference as were gunning for 5500 or so and got to get some air in there.

I think you know what your talking about, but I'm certain I do not.

I got my numbers from Allen Johnsen (local guru) who has the dyno and builds lot of small bore stuff.
He told me to bring a selection and gave me the shopping list. He could be wrong, but I know he tuned/dyno'd 3 other 2 litters this spring.

PMO didn't respond to a Fax we sent 10 days ago.
we are re-sending a 2nd one today.
Tim, do you want to sell any of your spares? Specifically the emulsion tubes? (I'm getting a tad bit nervous that PMO is not responding to me)

Redline didn't have much in stock surprisingly..
anybody else know where I should turn to buy parts?

thanks
brant
ArtechnikA
QUOTE (brant @ Jul 1 2005, 10:18 AM)
...got to get some air in there.

which is why i was surprised you're looking at 170 AC jets...

i ran the 36mm venturiis in my 2,0 but it had MFI E (or T, depends who you ask...) cams. i never had much of an issue off-idle but it could be a factor with S cams. but this is a race engine, yes? you shouldn't be off the cam anyway :-)

as for sources, if you can't get what you need at PMO or Redline, you may need to check out the user community (such as you've done here). i'd try RennList's Racing and 911 lists. the 911 List guys don't mind 914.6 engine questions, and the racing guys like anything that goes fast...
brant
QUOTE (ArtechnikA @ Jul 1 2005, 07:27 AM)
QUOTE (brant @ Jul 1 2005, 10:18 AM)
...got to get some air in there.

which is why i was surprised you're looking at 170 AC jets...

i ran the 36mm venturiis in my 2,0 but it had MFI E (or T, depends who you ask...) cams. i never had much of an issue off-idle but it could be a factor with S cams. but this is a race engine, yes? you shouldn't be off the cam anyway :-)

as for sources, if you can't get what you need at PMO or Redline, you may need to check out the user community (such as you've done here). i'd try RennList's Racing and 911 lists. the 911 List guys don't mind 914.6 engine questions, and the racing guys like anything that goes fast...

Rich,

I've got to admit I'm pretty ignorant with -6 jetting... (used to have the -4 figured out but now its a whole new game)

The 170's might be wrong.. dunno for sure.

yep S cams, locked advance, and not much below the powerband.

thanks again for the tips.
brant
brant
Update...
PMO finally returned contact.
Thanks to Tim T, my buddy Carl who is local, and PMO I think I have my dyno supplies ready!

Tim send me an address off list

thanks all!

brant
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.