Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: End of Drive - Results and Thank You's...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Qarl
Okay Fellow 914club Members and family...

I have many, many, many people to thank.... so many I can't fit them all on one page.

The support you all have shown for the Peters family regarding the loss of little ^Easton^ has been overwhelming. What started out as a fund drive to help pay for medical expenses and buy something special for Easton when he came home from the hospital has turned to something more difficult for us all to deal with... a fund to help the Peters family with the burial of their precious little boy.

Everyone has gone above and beyond in their outcrying of support and fellowship shown here. Many of you messaged me and said you just couldn't afford anything... but the thought alone and they many well wishes and prayers sent are contribution enough.

Tonight is the 2 week mark for the fund and I am going to close it. It has taken up a considerable amount of my time... but every minute and hour has been well worth it.

Peters Family Fund Drive

I know... in the days, months, or years down the road, I will find myself standing in Steve Peters shoes when Hunter passes away.... so in a way, this has been good for me to do... to help a fellow brother during a tragic loss, because I know some day, I may need the support and fellowship too.

While a fund or financial contributions will never replace a loved one, will never ease the pain, or reduce the burden of loss... hopefully it will relieve a little of the financial stress involved.

It saddens me that we have to help a fellow brother bury his son... and yet... it enlightens me to see the hundreds of strangers that come together for a great cause.

So how did we do?

Statistics:

12p people in all contributed, plus me

I still have some pledged checks outstanding. I know they are coming.

Contributions ranged from $5 to $565.00!

There are a few noteworthy people who went above and beyond themselves for the fund drive in the amount the contributed... ($100+)

William Pickering
Eric Shea (for his contributions and caliper auctions)
Carl Cilker
Charles Robbins
LN Engineering
Robert Dekkers
Michael Wills
Howard Dranow
Craig Laughlin
Mike Mueller
Elliot Cannon
Joseph Sedotto
Rick Ollah (for his photo auctions)

I hope I didn't miss anybody

Quite a few people donated multiple times... including

Albert Buanelos
Arthur Matulac
David Chapman
Eric Shea
Greg Silva
Lyressa Roberts
Mike Mueller
Paul Leggins
Speciak K (Kevin)
Joe from Trigram
William Pickering
Joseph Sedotto
Larry Dildine

Okay....

A special thank you is in order to Howard Dranow and the WCCC05 Sponsors for their fund match drive

Okay... do you want to know how we did?

Grand Total $6,766.29

I have already sent the first check to the Peters family yesterday ($4600+). Once Paypal clears and I receive the rest of the checks, then I will send the balance.

Thank you, thank you... from the bottom of my heart.

Regards,

Karl Ellzey
Hunter's Dad
spare time toys
NO NO it is us who should be thanking you for putting this together and keeping up with it. You have exemplified(sp) what this club is all about. I look forward to seeing you one day and shaking your hand. Larry
Root_Werks
QUOTE (spare time toys @ Jun 17 2005, 09:11 AM)
NO NO it is us who should be thanking you for putting this together and keeping up with it. You have exemplified(sp) what this club is all about. I look forward to seeing you one day and shaking your hand. Larry

agree.gif
redshift
Nice showing, everyone.

Karl, you really did a great thing.

M
Jeroen
Thank YOU Qarl!!!
Carl
Thank you, Karl. You've done a very good thing. We all certainly wish the circumstances were different.

I'm very proud of this loose knit, sometimes contentious "club", that often boils with disagreement, and yet whose members show their underlying values by their expressions of concern and support for the Peters.

All of you may be jerks, but you're good jerks.

Thanks,
Carl
merrill
It really makes me both extremely sad and also proud to be reading this post. I have not been able to check until today due to being in Pediatric ICU with my son Niko, born 6/6/05. My most heartfelt sorrow goes out to Easton's family.
We are out of the woods here which is why I can finally surf here again. The support of this group kept me feeling realy strong for the last 5 days.
You should all be very proud!
tat2dphreak
thank you for putting this together Qarl, you can't be thanked enough!

and everyone who continued to 'bump' the posts helped too... thank each of you!

this club can really be like a family at times... fighting like cats and dogs one second, but really pulling together for other members the next.. and that helps make this a very special place... things like this make me very proud to be a member and come here as often as possible... you guys are all great!
Mrs. K
smilie_pokal.gif That amount is AWESOME!
Great job everyone!
God Bless Steve and his family!

Lisa wub.gif
rick 918-S
Sad sad.gif for the Peters family and little ^Easton^ but proud and thankful for a guy like Qarl and this group of deep feeling Guy's and Gal's. I have been on many BBS's and have never seen this happen time after time. There is more to life than cars and work. Thank you all for caring.
gregrobbins
Thank you Qarl.

^EASTON^

Steve, Sher: you are in our thoughts and prayers!
spare time toys
One last trip to the top. icon_bump.gif for our late night crew
ematulac
My family's prayers go out to Steve, Sher and little Markus.

Just another special thanks to Qarl for doing this. I have 3 little ones, all of them 4 and under. Losing one of them would be devastating.

We miss you ^Easton^! sad.gif
jonwatts
Karl I don't think anyone else here could have handled this as well as you did because of your unique perspective on the situation. Thank you for extending a caring hand for all of us.

Jon
Qarl
Bump for Thank You's
joeav8tor
nice job Karl, you are a good man!
Joe
MoveQik
What incredible support for such a tragic cause. They remain in my thoughts. Especially on holidays like today.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.