Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Front windshield seal source???
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
root
Anybody purchase one of these lately? If so where did you get it?
How was the fit and quality?
I'm planning to paint in July and then I'll need the windshield seal. biggrin.gif

'U' in the sketch below
root
oops!
william harris
I got all my seals from my friendly local Porsche dealer - OEM is the only way to go. Contact Eric Sanders (partsman here) Porsche Parts Manager at Porsche of Nashua NH. biggrin.gif
Root_Werks
I got the last two I installed from GPR. Great fit, good price, they didn't come appart and actually fit/ didn't leak. wink.gif
macpro
For those of us newbies. How do we find GPR?
javascript:emoticon(':(')
jd74914
GPR is also known as German Parts and Restoration and they can be found at this site:

German Parts and Restoration Homepage
Root_Werks
Phone is:
1-800-321-5432
biggrin.gif
Dr Evil
GPR has them for silly cheap, but they are out. They didn't know when they would get more.

Partsman is the way to go. Eric rocks, and the seals are OE and only $40 more thatn GPR smilie_pokal.gif aktion035.gif
Mueller
QUOTE (macpro @ Jun 17 2005, 10:19 AM)
For those of us newbies. How do we find GPR?
javascript:emoticon(':(')

google works great smile.gif

search field: GPR + Porsche
root
Just got off the phone with Eric in Nashua. He tells me pre-'74's require the 2 extruded (chrome) seal holder gizmo's too!
I Just ordered one seal and 2 gizmos 'cause mine's a '72, should be here in a week or so. biggrin.gif

Dr. Evil, Eric says yours is on the way. mueba.gif

Thanks to all for the rapid help beerchug.gif
jd74914
QUOTE (Root_Werks @ Jun 17 2005, 12:23 PM)
Phone is:
1-800-321-5432
biggrin.gif

Sure, take away my thunder. smile.gif
I still answered first. lol laugh.gif
partsman
AAWW You guys are too nice!! wub.gif Like I've always said...I'll always ready to help a club member....(William..I'll help again when you get some A/C in that damn garage!!!)

Eric
Dave_Darling
You do need the two chrome strips, but only if your car is missing them. They're held on by a couple of screws apiece plus a bead of "goo" (e.g., butyl tape; likely one of the more modern sealants will work also).

All of the Usual Suspects (PP, GPR, the other PP, AA, etc.) should be able to get them. There was a while when the OEM was making seals that broke at the corners before you could even get them out of the shipping box, but those days seem to be gone now.

Thank goodness!

--DD
william harris
Eric: it was hot and humid wasn't it? Oh well, today it is what 55 degrees here in Massachusetts. biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.