Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS - Saratoga Top in PA $575
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
josh s
Saratoga Top weather is finally here! This top came with my 914, but I have since sold the car.
Previous owner was not so careful with it. It has light scratches and scuffs, but no chips or cracks.
The bad part is someone was very sloppy with glue when re-attatching the rubber. What looks like a long diagonal scratch on the [inside] of the top is a string of glue. There is also a nice fat thumbprint of glue on the outside. I'm sure these could be cleaned and buffed out, especially since you'll probably want to buff the whole top anyway. I had a difficult time getting anything to photograph as the top reflects everything and then the camera won't focus.
All the rubber is there, but one side has a small tear, and the opposite side rubber has come loose about 6" on the front.
Chrome foil on the lip is mostly faded.
$650 $575
Located in Pottstown PA
Josh 610-462-1386
josh s
Price reduction: $650!
icon_bump.gif
josh s
Sale pending.
josh s
Bump. Still available. Price drop $575
RobM
Hi Josh...I'm interested...redoing a '71 and I think it would be a nice touch. You're sure all the scratches can be buffed out? I'm in Malaysia so would need to work out cheaper shipping....I'm in no rush

QUOTE(josh s @ Oct 14 2018, 01:01 AM) *

Saratoga Top weather is finally here! This top came with my 914, but I have since sold the car.
Previous owner was not so careful with it. It has light scratches and scuffs, but no chips or cracks.
The bad part is someone was very sloppy with glue when re-attatching the rubber. What looks like a long diagonal scratch on the [inside] of the top is a string of glue. There is also a nice fat thumbprint of glue on the outside. I'm sure these could be cleaned and buffed out, especially since you'll probably want to buff the whole top anyway. I had a difficult time getting anything to photograph as the top reflects everything and then the camera won't focus.
All the rubber is there, but one side has a small tear, and the opposite side rubber has come loose about 6" on the front.
Chrome foil on the lip is mostly faded.
$650 $575
Located in Pottstown PA
Josh 610-462-1386

B2524
Pm sent
Miss914
Pm sent
Tjmrfe
QUOTE(josh s @ Nov 18 2018, 07:28 AM) *

Bump. Still available. Price drop $575

Hi Josh,
I’m interested, do you still have it?
Thanks.
josh s
Downpayment received. SOLD pending pickup.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.