Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914-6 -VW-PORSCHE emblems?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
larryM
i've been waiting about 2 yrs for AA to again re-produce 'em - finally cancelled my long pending backorder

are there any current sources for these?

(just looking for a "spare" to put in the trophy display cabinet)
ConeDodger
I think Rich Bontempi has one he is consigning. The guy wants a half dozen virgins for it though... dry.gif
Gustl
are you looking for a repro or the real deal …?
Larmo63
Sierra Madre Collection had them a while ago when I checked and they are made in Germany.
burton73
QUOTE(Larmo63 @ Oct 13 2018, 03:00 PM) *

Sierra Madre Collection had them a while ago when I checked and they are made in Germany.

I paid a shit load 10 years ago for mine for my 6.

Bob B
914xr75
I feel your pain. I had to cancel my back order at AA as well for my VW Porsche non six emblem. Got so tired of waiting and nobody having an answer when they would be reproduced. Very frustrating. 914rubber can you help us out? I would suggest setting up alerts on eBay. That's what I did and one of them popped up. Bought it a couple minutes later
scallyk9
I found them easily on eBay around six months ago. Source was in Germany and shipped using DHL promptly. Mine was the black VW-Porsche one but he also had 914-6 emblems in gold.
sb914
Mueller ?
Maltese Falcon
Should have bought a bunch more of these OE emblems when I was on vacay in Germany. These were about $20.00 at a dealership in Neckarsulm
Click to view attachment
Socalandy
Real deal for sale
porschetub
QUOTE(Larmo63 @ Oct 14 2018, 11:00 AM) *

Purchased one from them ,was listed on special but they never had any,just wasted my time really,got a refund in the end sad.gif .
raynekat
I bought mine 2 years ago. Guess they're getting scarcer now.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
our guy is slow but soon now,

QUOTE(larryM @ Oct 13 2018, 10:57 AM) *

i've been waiting about 2 yrs for AA to again re-produce 'em - finally cancelled my long pending backorder

seanery
Hey George, which are you getting the 914-6 or the 914-6 VW Porsche?

QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Oct 15 2018, 11:20 AM) *

our guy is slow but soon now,

QUOTE(larryM @ Oct 13 2018, 10:57 AM) *

Mikey914
QUOTE(914xr75 @ Oct 13 2018, 04:19 PM) *

I feel your pain. I had to cancel my back order at AA as well for my VW Porsche non six emblem. Got so tired of waiting and nobody having an answer when they would be reproduced. Very frustrating. 914rubber can you help us out? I would suggest setting up alerts on eBay. That's what I did and one of them popped up. Bought it a couple minutes later

Let me see what I can do.
Call me out if you want to ping me directly. If AA can't get the ones you want, happy to make them.
Mark
Mueller
QUOTE(sb914 @ Oct 13 2018, 04:38 PM) *

Mueller ?

I am drawing up a version similar to that emblem (custom script), but I don't think I can replicate it well enough to pass off as a factory part.

Water jet or laser cut with post machining would work for a limited run.
SirAndy
Many, many moons ago i bought a genuine one from Porsche and cut it up to make a 916 badge.

unsure.gif
Mikey914
QUOTE(Mueller @ Oct 15 2018, 10:00 AM) *

QUOTE(sb914 @ Oct 13 2018, 04:38 PM) *

Mueller ?

I am drawing up a version similar to that emblem (custom script), but I don't think I can replicate it well enough to pass off as a factory part.

Water jet or laser cut with post machining would work for a limited run.

Casting these is the only way (at least affordably) to make them.
Retroracer
Cut or cast, I'd be up for purchasing a "914-6 VW Porsche" badge for my conversion - at a reasonable price.

Mueller - so what are the limitations on the 'cut' versions - the narrow "V" cuts on the VW logo, or something else?

- Tony
Mueller
QUOTE(Retroracer @ Oct 15 2018, 10:54 AM) *

Cut or cast, I'd be up for purchasing a "914-6 VW Porsche" badge for my conversion - at a reasonable price.

Mueller - so what are the limitations on the 'cut' versions - the narrow "V" cuts on the VW logo, or something else?

- Tony

Smallest endmill I'd want to use on my mill is .0625" diameter (rpm limited) so some of the inside corners would have a slight radius instead of a nice sharp inside corner.

My mill also only has 18" of X travel and I think those are longer than that so it would have to be indexed over.

Top 3 numbers and lower 3 numbers I used a .0625" endmill for finish pass, the 3.6 numbers I used a larger .125" so the inside corner radii larger

Click to view attachment
Retroracer
So - conceivably you could cut them using the minimum radius and ship them unfinished to let the customer "hand finish" the corners and generally fettle them? I'd be completely OK with that, but would posit that many folks would be expecting a "finished" emblem.

Thanks for the detailed response!

- Tony
Mueller
QUOTE(Retroracer @ Oct 15 2018, 01:29 PM) *

So - conceivably you could cut them using the minimum radius and ship them unfinished to let the customer "hand finish" the corners and generally fettle them? I'd be completely OK with that, but would posit that many folks would be expecting a "finished" emblem.

Thanks for the detailed response!

- Tony

I hand finish those in the picture. One might not really even notice a .03125" radius.
milwlandrover
I could be in for a 914-4 version if they are reasonable. Thank you. Would you put them on your site (so I don't bug you) or how would I know?

Cheers!

markw
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.