https://www.myclassicgarage.com/vehicles/91...he-914-6-outlaw
sixnotfour
beerchug.gif
sixnotfour
driving.gif
2mAn
idea.gif
horizontally-opposed
The way those rear wheels sit in those fenders is...perfection.
raynekat
Interesting car....kind of like it.
Don't see functional scoops up in the targa sail panels all that much.
My 914
Great looking car! I like the outlaw concept. Is it for sale?
tomeric914
I like the integrated front bumper/dam/splitter. I haven't seen that one before, probably a one off? Anyone know who made it?
rhodyguy
Cool wheels.
FourBlades

Nice front bumper and tail lights.

John
jd74914
I always thought the bumper on that car was cool. I believe he was on here at one time with username Retrotech or something similar.
billsimmeth
Stephen passed away this Spring. Great guy, RIP.
RickS
In one word, WOW.

Interesting design choice to keep the chrome fog light grills when the only other chrome are the door pulls. Contrast can be a good thing.
Andyrew
QUOTE(billsimmeth @ Oct 15 2018, 04:53 AM) *

Stephen passed away this Spring. Great guy, RIP.

He did sad.gif

He always posted this or that about the car but never really showed us any good photos of the progress.

Im glad it looks like he was able to complete it before he passed its a fantastic looking car!
campbellcj
Looks like a fun, personalized custom build... I wonder if those 'ram' air intakes on the sail panels are truly functional/effective?
horizontally-opposed
QUOTE(campbellcj @ Oct 15 2018, 07:16 AM) *

Looks like a fun, personalized custom build... I wonder if those 'ram' air intakes on the sail panels are truly functional/effective?

I wonder also...they remind me of some of the scoops seen on 904s. The intakes seen below were noted as very effective (I remember something about "too effective") in an article in VW & Porsche (or EC) back in the day. Wonder if that's true...

Bummer to hear about Steve, as it always is. We are here but for a time…glad he was able to have some fun along his road, and that blue car screams FUN if nothing else.
Mueller
Neat car, looks like it would be a blast to drive!

Did a quick google search on Stephen, interesting guy and sure seemed to have lived life to it's fullest.
sixnotfour
I think Steve made his own front ,,,but here is the one groot had made up and was selling..
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=60885
ValcoOscar
I like this....9.14 thumbs up!!!

14.gif 14.gif 14.gif 14.gif 14.gif 14.gif 14.gif 14.gif 14.gif

Oscar
sixnotfour
https://www.pelicanparts.com/catalog/shopca...914ENH_pg22.htm

they are a bit fragile though,,ask Rhodyguy
JmuRiz
Cool car, looks like a real-life version of what I used to draw as my future 914 around 1997 biggrin.gif
I've gotten more design conservative over the years, glad someone else didn't.
Tjmrfe
QUOTE(horizontally-opposed @ Oct 15 2018, 06:27 AM) *

QUOTE(campbellcj @ Oct 15 2018, 07:16 AM) *

I wonder also...they remind me of some of the scoops seen on 904s. The intakes seen below were noted as very effective (I remember something about "too effective") in an article in VW & Porsche (or EC) back in the day. Wonder if that's true...

Bummer to hear about Steve, as it always is. We are here but for a time…glad he was able to have some fun along his road, and that blue car screams FUN if nothing else.

Wow, this is beautiful....thanks for posting, not normally a modification fan...this is an exception.
whitetwinturbo
wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif
cwpeden
This car has been an evolution like many of our cars.

These pics are at least 5 years old
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
EdwardBlume
The outlaw car is a 914 I would enjoy driving.
wes
WCR 2013 at the Dalles Oregon, hem standing next to his car.Click to view attachment
lugbolt
I own this car now. Getting ready for a few more mods like efi, but I'd love any info on build threads or further info from Stephen's old threads on the car
d914
I bought my old 914 6 conversion from Stephen,, I hadnt heard he died.. bummer

A bit different but a nice guy!!
sixnotfour
I saw it in WA state, Ralph Meaney built an engine for it....He had some issues and Jeff Gamroth got ahold of it ,,,,Went next level... Give Jeff a call...
https://www.rothsport.com/
sixnotfour
QUOTE(wes @ Feb 16 2020, 12:27 PM) *

WCR 2013 at the Dalles Oregon, hem standing next to his car.Click to view attachment

My Viper Green next to it..914 Werke, drove towed it there..
boxstr
Here are a couple of pics of Blackula that I got it from Dan Root. It was completely stripped to bare metal. Mike Toby purchased it and made the Blackula that you see in the other pics.
boxstr
Front end.
boxstr
This is what Mike Toby put together.
boxstr
More
sixnotfour
Stephen Demosthenes RIP.
rgalla9146

It's beautiful.
I've heard his name many times over the decades.....never met him.
RIP Stephen.
mepstein
At first glance I'm thinking - no
Then another minute and I'm wondering - maybe
Another glance and I'm thinking - sure, why not, looks like fun.

But the side vents are still screwing with me a bit.

I'm sure I would have liked the builder of the car because I bet he built what he wanted, other people's opinions be dammed. beerchug.gif
sixnotfour
beerchug.gif
d914
[

I'm sure I would have liked the builder of the car because I bet he built what he wanted, other people's opinions be dammed. beerchug.gif
[/quote]

That was him.. He built that car with only one person involved... him!!
mgp4591
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Mar 25 2021, 05:50 PM) *

Stephen Demosthenes RIP.

This car has already found a new owner. John, Matt, Mikey, and myself saw it in Vegas about a year and a half ago the night before SEMA when Matt was doing a video. I think the owners first name is Jason.
VegasRacer
QUOTE(mgp4591 @ Mar 25 2021, 09:35 PM) *

saw it in Vegas about a year and a half ago the night before SEMA when Matt was doing a video.

Matt's SEMA 2019 Photo Thread.
There is a video on Instagram if you can find it.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

mepstein
QUOTE(lugbolt @ Mar 25 2021, 05:14 PM) *

I own this car now. Getting ready for a few more mods like efi, but I'd love any info on build threads or further info from Stephen's old threads on the car

welcome.png
mepstein
QUOTE(mgp4591 @ Mar 26 2021, 12:35 AM) *

QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Mar 25 2021, 05:50 PM) *

Stephen Demosthenes RIP.

This car has already found a new owner. John, Matt, Mikey, and myself saw it in Vegas about a year and a half ago the night before SEMA when Matt was doing a video. I think the owners first name is Jason.

See post #27
digit3
I hung out with LugBolt last week and witnessed this thing getting fired up. Holy hell this thing is bad ass!
Root_Werks
Sad to read about the passing of a 914 guy. Some very cool pics of 914's!
914 Ranch
Bump, I need to find this later today. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.