Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Indoor car cover for the 914 in white?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
horizontally-opposed
Wondering if anyone has one they like?

Pics appreciated!

beerchug.gif
cary
Pete I have 6 of these.
https://www.homedepot.com/b/Automotive-Exte...8mdZhstZ1z0tgyi
Sorry to say I bought them on Amazon for $22 delivered direct from China.
Click to view attachment

Edit : I was thinking or reading in body in white awaiting assembly.
JeffBowlsby
Pete, I have tried several different materials over the years and had the best protection from the tan flannel covers from Coverking. They are thick and somewhat padded, but not dustproof and not white. White would really show dust and debris.
7TPorsh
These come in white. They look thin though.
car cover
seanery
Jeff, those look pretty nice, I built a custom Indoor Satin Stretch on their page and it looks very nice. Whitey needs one!

CoverKing Indoor Satin Stretch
horizontally-opposed
QUOTE(seanery @ Oct 16 2018, 09:30 AM) *

Jeff, those look pretty nice, I built a custom Indoor Satin Stretch on their page and it looks very nice. Whitey needs one!

CoverKing Indoor Satin Stretch

Thanks for the recommendations, everyone! Sean is onto something...

My interest in this is to move away from the outdoor cover I've used for years. I got lazy a few months ago and left the cover off because the car was dirty...and discovered how much I like seeing my 914 vs a cool shape under an ugly blue cover. Then I made the mistake of visiting a friend's place, who stores a lot of GT3s/etc for people, all of them under the modern white Porsche covers...which really highlighted their forms beautifully...turning them into a kind of art form. I also like the idea that folks driving by when my garage is open might not notice the "other" car under a white cover against a plain white wall. So I'll look into CoverKing. Thanks, Sean!
seanery
QUOTE(horizontally-opposed @ Oct 16 2018, 02:32 PM) *

@horizontally-opposed

Pete, just playing with it some more. If you make it have white stripes on a white field, it moves the logo to mid door bottom. That might help eliminate some of the visual clutter at the front.

Coverking White Stripes on White

White Field
Click to view attachment

White Field with White Stripes
Click to view attachment
horizontally-opposed
QUOTE(seanery @ Oct 16 2018, 06:38 PM) *

Pete, just playing with it some more. If you make it have white stripes on a white field, it moves the logo to mid door bottom. That might help eliminate some of the visual clutter at the front.

^ Good thinking. Going to cal and see if I can talk them into doing one with no logos (I'd pay extra) or, worst case, white logos. If it has to have logos, liking your second setup.
seanery
Pete, did you make a decision?
larryM
in the old days we could get covers made from parachute nylon - i still have one tho it is too big for the 914-6-GT

i just saw Covercraft ad in current Classic Motorsports (p.26) for what appears to be similar - called "viewshield"
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.