Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Electric 914
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mikelsr
A guy up the road converted his 914 to electric.

Electric 914
ArtechnikA
cool (and pretty well-written) article; thanks for posting!
i grew up in Champaign, still have a few friends back there - some who never left, some who went away and came back.

there are other 914-E's, of course, but any positive press on the model is A Good Thing.
mikelsr
If you ever get back this way look me up and I can buy you a beer!

Mike
Otmar
That is a good article. Thanks for the heads up.
Dave_Darling
QUOTE (ArtechnikA @ Jun 17 2005, 11:48 AM)
i grew up in Champaign...

I had completely forgotten that.... Urbana, here. I go back every decade or two. wink.gif

--DD
double-a
several years ago, i became interested in doing an electric conversion, and ran across a few stories of electric 914s on the web. that must've reignited my love for the 914 because i found myself wanting one again after years of college and marriage and stuff.

i still want to build (or buy) a converted 914, i think it would be lots of fun. it's probably the cost to build one that's keeping me down, and the fact that those batteries are a significant investment and have to be replaced periodically.

~a
jimtab
Aaron, do you have access to the decals for making your amp "go to 11" as it shows in your avatar....could you hip me to the site???? Boy oh boy it would be cool if my amps would go to 11....after all, it would be one louder....
double-a
yes, it's one louder, isn't it?

i got that off the web somewhere. i think i did a google image search.

tap lives! aktion035.gif

~a
jimtab
QUOTE (double-a @ Jun 17 2005, 04:05 PM)
yes, it's one louder, isn't it?

i got that off the web somewhere. i think i did a google image search.

tap lives! aktion035.gif

~a

Tap....not just yes but HELL yes...
Tom73
There is an electric on EBay right now....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...ssPageName=WDVW

user posted image

user posted image

Sure looks like a lot of batterys.....
sgomes
Top speed of 60mph????? laugh.gif Hell! MY lead-sled is faster than that!!! laugh.gif Well, um, I mean it WOULD go faster than that if I could get it off the jack stands. dry.gif driving.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.