Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 73 filler neck gasket...1 or 2?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914xr75
I believe the source of my slight leaking during cornering is the filler neck gasket. Does this filler neck require one or two gaskets? I ordered one from AA, but a friend of mine told me he thinks a gasket goes above and below the filler neck. Please helpClick to view attachment
76-914
one beerchug.gif
914xr75
Perfect. Thanks 76 914
mepstein
Also replace the gasket in the cap and under the fuel sender.
rhodyguy
Has all of the evaporation system been removed? The small pipe is open to the atmosphere. It would connect to the plastic plenum that is missing. You're running carbs?
914xr75
Yes. Running carbs.
porschetub
Ones good,welcome to the stinky carb car club ,no way you can get rid of all the fuel smell but a tank sender reseal and good fuel cap seal really help ,cheers.
maf914
The ring of bolts that holds the filler to the tank can be hard to access, at least they are on my 76. The bolt heads are very close to the molded plastic filler neck and require a thin wall socket. Make sure to tighten them all equally.
bdstone914
If the leak is from the filler neck you shoul see some stains around the tank in that area.

That tank should have a metal expansion tank and has a visible metal filler neck. Only the 75-76 tanks had a one piece plastic expansion and filler neck. You will smell gas fumes unless you replace the evap system. You are missing the expansion tank, charcoal canister with hold down clamp and all the hoses that go with them. You can reinstall the evap system with carbs. If you decide to replace the system I have the parts. You would need new hoses.
Bruce
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.