Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB Exterior chrome strip (appearance package) on 1973 914
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
tedly2tuff
I desparately need the end peice that fits into the chrome molding on the exterior body. Please
GaroldShaffer
Can you post a picture of the area you are talking about?
tedly2tuff
QUOTE(GaroldShaffer @ Oct 14 2018, 07:32 PM) *

Can you post a picture of the area you are talking about?

Can you give me your email? It wont let me upload the picture- it says the attachment is too big- but It is only one picture. I dont know if I am doing something wrong?
euro911
The image file is probably too large. Some cameras have the image size set for really large megapixels and are simply more that this site can handle. You can reduce the pixel size in your camera and take another pic, or download the pic you already shot to your PC/laptop, etc. and reduce the image there, and try posting it again.
GaroldShaffer
This is what he is looking for. Not a factory trim item.

euro911
ooooh ... that's gonna be a tough one to find.
tedly2tuff
sad.gif I know it, that shows how much I know about my 914- as I assumed it was part of the appearance package. i don't know what to do about it? I guess someone may have a parts car with that molding. Thanks guys- Gerold, Mark! I appreciate your help with this
mepstein
I still don’t understand what part it is. confused24.gif
tedly2tuff
QUOTE(mepstein @ Oct 14 2018, 08:40 PM) *

It is from the exterior molding that is on the fender. My car has 6 pieces of molding that runs from the front to back, midway up with rubber pieces inside chrome molding. 1 on eache qurter panel and 1 on each door. The piece you see in the picture is an end piece that fits into the chrome channel from my front quarter panel
mepstein
QUOTE(tedly2tuff @ Oct 14 2018, 10:40 PM) *

It is from the exterior molding that is on the fender. My car has 6 pieces of molding that runs from the front to back, midway up with rubber pieces inside chrome molding. 1 on eache qurter panel and 1 on each door. The piece you see in the picture is an end piece that fits into the chrome channel from my front quarter panel

Now I see said the blind man. Those terrible side strips that were riveted on. Someone can probably find them on a parts car for you.
tedly2tuff
QUOTE(mepstein @ Oct 14 2018, 09:44 PM) *

QUOTE(tedly2tuff @ Oct 14 2018, 10:40 PM) *

Now I see said the blind man. Those terrible side strips that were riveted on. Someone can probably find them on a parts car for you.

yes- or I thoght maybe a 3D printer could make one? I know that the car came from Texas and had dealer installed A/C and I talked to the second owner and he stated that the car had the exterior molding n when he bought it from the original owner. I guess thats whay I thought they were factory. Oh well
euro911
They were probably available from aftermarket places like J.C. Whitney or Pep Boys back in the day. You might try visiting some bone yards to see if any other 70s/80s car might have the molding confused24.gif

Good luck.
Mikey914
Being dealer or aftermarket, there should be a source. I do know many removed them. I sure did. Sorry didn't save it.

Also, just a heads up, pretty sure it's not oficially part of the AP group of parts.
bandjoey
Hold on. I might have a few. I think these were popular in the mid-70s. I think these were popular in the mid-70s I see thes appearance strips On a lot of barn and garage find cars that are now popping up

Here is what I have.which ones do you need?
bandjoey
Still need them .
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.