Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Group buy on 78mm /4 cranks
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mark Henry
I would like to get a welded 78mm crank but I want to send in my STD/STD 2.0 Porsche crank and I want the same crank back.

I would also like the rod journal cheeks to be a bit tight so I can do oil grooves, 78mm, T1 rod journals, counterweighted, and nitrated, etc. etc.

Who does the best job? DPR? Would a group buy be worth it?
Or should I just say f_ck it and get a ? crank for $450. outright from aircooled.net.

We would need a guy in so-cal to take the cores in and handle shipping.

Is this do-able?
calvin.gif
my15window
demello's 350$ they have a web page I think, huntington beach area
Brad Roberts
Buy the Demello. Its a one piece and not welded (last time I checked)

Ha ha..good one Mark.. YOU want YOUR crank back..

I learned a long time ago that I had to "stamp" something into my heads/blocks that showed they where actually MINE.

B
Dave Cawdrey
I'm looking too! Gotta be 78 stroke calvin.gif

One question tho. My case has been Align bored to .20. Do I need to "adjust" for this on the crank, or w/ my new main bearings?
my15window
it adjusts it with the new bearing , pain in the ass to find them though...demillo does all of fat's work and he called to get me a set of .o20 bearings and he told him no ... he then called rimco and they let me have a set rimco said I had to be a racer or no-go . Fat in my opinion think they are Gods finger.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.