Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Repair Publications
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Yasha7fold
Good day ladies and gents. I will be picking up my first 914 tomorrow. What are the good repair publications that y'all are using? Let me know. Thanks
Steve
Haynes for a 4 and clymer for a six.
bbrock
QUOTE(Yasha7fold @ Oct 16 2018, 09:48 PM) *

Good day ladies and gents. I will be picking up my first 914 tomorrow. What are the good repair publications that y'all are using? Let me know. Thanks

Very cool! Haynes Manual along with the factory manuals that can be found in digital form. Hope to see your car on the road some day. aktion035.gif
VaccaRabite
Get the Haynes book in hard copy, and just keep a copy in your 914. You will thank me for this later. I have 2 copies. The greasy one I use in the garage, and the nicer one I keep in the house.

Make a color printout of the 914 electrical system. It will prove invaluable. You can find it on this site. I glued mine to a BIG posterboard and hung it in the garage.
IPB Image

Tech Tips 700 is a good reference.

How to Keep your Volkswagon Alive is another good reference. Its also just fun to read, though it is more T1 specific, it does have chapters on the T4. But its more about the zen of aircooled ownership and very detailed engine building.

Zach
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.