Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My first 914
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Yasha7fold
Well I finally got my first 914. It's a 1973 black on black 1.7l. Just got it unloaded and safely in the shop. I'll give it a go this weekend and see if I can get it running. Even if I do it'll be going under the knife for an engine rebuild.
IPB Image
IPB Image
iankarr
welcome.png

and welcome to the addiction....!
bbrock
Yeah man! piratenanner.gif

What are the plans?
SO.O.C914er
welcome.png Open the wallet and let the fun begin.
Yasha7fold
QUOTE(bbrock @ Oct 17 2018, 09:52 PM) *

Yeah man! piratenanner.gif

What are the plans?

Mostly a stock rebuild. Not sure which way to go with the engine yet. Maybe turn the 1700 into an 1800 or big bore.
Yasha7fold
Yah it needs some love for sure. Front window is cracked. So I’ll have to find a replacement.
mepstein
welcome.png
dr.tim
Another black one in the neighborhood.. Welcome and good luck with the build.
aharder
welcome.png
Lucky9146
welcome.png

We love pictures so when you get into it we wanna see.
This is a great forum with lots of members willing to help.
driving.gif white914.jpg
76-914
welcome.png One of our member vendors, Pro Source, sells the glass.
Coondog
Welcome to the World of everything 914.... smile.gif

Quick note for the future....Don’t haul a 914 backwards, the rear window has a tendency to get pushed in to your interior... blink.gif
Yasha7fold
QUOTE(Lucky9146 @ Oct 18 2018, 07:32 AM) *

welcome.png

We love pictures so when you get into it we wanna see.
This is a great forum with lots of members willing to help.
driving.gif white914.jpg

Yah for sure. I'll be posting it up as a build thread.
Yasha7fold
QUOTE(Coondog @ Oct 18 2018, 08:14 AM) *

Welcome to the World of everything 914.... smile.gif

Quick note for the future....Don’t haul a 914 backwards, the rear window has a tendency to get pushed in to your interior... blink.gif

To late its already tucked away in my shop. There wasn't any issues with the back window.
PanelBilly
Fun times to come!
whitetwinturbo
................another 914'er!
beer.gif beer.gif beer.gif
bbrock
QUOTE(Yasha7fold @ Oct 17 2018, 10:35 PM) *

Yah it needs some love for sure. Front window is cracked. So I’ll have to find a replacement.

Hey, if you order a windshield, let me know. I looked into a Sekurit from Pro Source but the shipping was the killer. Maybe if we split the shipping, it will make it affordable. Maybe @DrTim needs a windshield too... poke.gif

I think the quote I got from a local shop was ~$300 for Chinese XYG glass shipped. That wasn't too bad, but nice to have options. I'm also reluctant to spend too much on a windshield for a car driven around here. You know what I'm talking about. If your windshield ain't cracked, you aren't from Montana! lol-2.gif

Yasha7fold
QUOTE(bbrock @ Nov 3 2018, 06:04 AM) *

Hey, if you order a windshield, let me know. I looked into a Sekurit from Pro Source but the shipping was the killer. Maybe if we split the shipping, it will make it affordable. Maybe @DrTim needs a windshield too... poke.gif

I think the quote I got from a local shop was ~$300 for Chinese XYG glass shipped. That wasn't too bad, but nice to have options. I'm also reluctant to spend too much on a windshield for a car driven around here. You know what I'm talking about. If your windshield ain't cracked, you aren't from Montana! lol-2.gif

Sure man. It'll be a bit before I'm at the point of a new windshield. Not sure how soon you want to get one ordered. I'm going to go to a couple of the local shops to see about costs. What part of Montana are you in ?
krazykonrad
welcome.png

Glad to have you aboard!

Konrad
bbrock
QUOTE(Yasha7fold @ Nov 13 2018, 07:36 PM) *

Sure man. It'll be a bit before I'm at the point of a new windshield. Not sure how soon you want to get one ordered. I'm going to go to a couple of the local shops to see about costs. What part of Montana are you in ?

It will be summer at the earliest before I'm ready to install glass. I'm over in Bozemania .
Yasha7fold
QUOTE(bbrock @ Nov 13 2018, 08:02 PM) *

QUOTE(Yasha7fold @ Nov 13 2018, 07:36 PM) *

It will be summer at the earliest before I'm ready to install glass. I'm over in Bozemania .

Sweet man. Just down the road from me.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.