Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1971 1.7 liter
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
milwlandrover
I am looking for a tachometer cable. when doing the transmission I found my original cable wrapped around the axle. I had to cut it off and I can not find a replacement cable or any tech info on how to replace it. I found lots of speedometer cables when I input tachometer cable in the search but that is not what I need. Any ideas out there?

thanks and cheers!
mgphoto
Tach is electronic, no cable, just a single wire from the coil.
Speedo cable, accelerator cable and heater cables, that’s it.
TheCabinetmaker
It's a speedo cable
milwlandrover
My speedo is working really well. The tach is not, that is why I assumed the cable wrapped around the axel was for the tach. But that answers why all my searches for the tach cable were fruitless

I suppose the best place to start would be to remove the tach for inspection.... correct?
ChrisFoley
How about a picture of the cable you removed? Was it on the driver side? Could it be the backup light wires?
The tachometer is driven by a thin black/red wire attached to the negative terminal of the coil.
milwlandrover
the cable was so damaged I just tossed it. It was on the passenger side of the axel. I can look a little closer tonight. Perhaps I will see a loose end of the original cable but I did not see anything when I did the brakes.
mgphoto
QUOTE(milwlandrover @ Oct 19 2018, 10:17 AM) *

the cable was so damaged I just tossed it. It was on the passenger side of the axel. I can look a little closer tonight. Perhaps I will see a loose end of the original cable but I did not see anything when I did the brakes.

Could be e-brake cable, one on either side, maybe just long enough to reach the axle?
rgalla9146
Check the arm on the bottom of the pass. rear caliper, is there a cable attached to the trailing arm and the caliper ?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.