Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS: 1975 2.0 Original Black
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
BuddyV
I am offering this former Car-of-the-month winning car (Aug/Sept. 2012) for sale. I am asking $20K. If I get my asking price, $500 of the purchase price goes to Andy to support the site.

I bought this wonderful car from a fellow Member (Lennies914) a couple of years ago. I always wanted to have another BLACK car, and this one ticked all the right boxes for me:

A. Car was built using the best parts that Lennie had gathered from several cars over many years.
B. He painted the car himself, and took the time to leave the original paint in the tub, engine bay, front/rear trunks.
C. Late style bumpers actually looked good on a black car.
D. The car was complete and ready to enjoy!

The car has been a joy to own..... starts on the first crank, shifts smoothly, get's attention everywhere I go.

I have put about 2500 miles on the car, and the only issue I have had was a broken shift bushing. After replacing the bushing, the transmission shifts better than any I have driven.

Car is located in Santa Rosa, 45 miles North of San Francisco in California.

I can be very flexible in showing the car, as I work for myself.

Here are some details that I gathered after chatting with Lennie this afternoon..... I want to make sure that I cover as much as possible, as Lennie put a lot of care into this car:

Motor:
2.0 stock with Fuel Injection. Lennie recalls signs that the case has been split, but there is no solid rebuild history. Motor starts, idles and runs perfectly for me. Does not drop oil on the floor when parked. Great, great motor.

Transmission:
New bushings recently.
Lennie rebuilt the Side Shift transmission at a Dr. Evil clinic. (BEST trans I have ever driven)

Wheels:
Stock 2.0 Fuchs (spare, as well). Tires have plenty of tread.

Paint:
Lennie painted the car himself. Single stage, House of Colors black. Exterior and door jams.... trunks, motor bay retain beautiful original paint.

Exhaust:
Bursch aftermarket with VERY cool "port hole" style rear valance.

Bumpers:
I really liked the original bumpers. That said, I had a set of early bumpers and liked them better...... so if you really prefer the heavy, late style, I am including them in the sale with all attachment hardware.

Interiors:
Very nice, clean dash. Lennie reminded me that the seats, doors and dash are not from the same year.... so if you are looking for a perfect car, this would not be that car. But I never noticed until he mentioned it to me today..... the interior is one of my favorite strengths of this car. The car does have a center console, with all gauges functioning.... even the clock! (PS - The shifter knob stays with me..... I will replace withe the stock knob.)

Windshield:
Aftermarket, in great shape. Trim complete.

Rust:
Lennie addressed minor rust before painting.... he recalls nothing beyond surface rust. Car is clean.

Targa Top:
Beautiful condition.

Brakes:
PMB brakes, stock. Work perfectly.

The car presents very well, but it is in NO WAY matching numbers. I love it because it comes together as a great great package. I understand why it was honored as Car of the Month. Lennie did a great job.

I am selling to move up to a bigger motor car. I had planned to drop a bigger motor in this car, but it really is perfect just as it is. This car should be driven just as it is.

The following are a few things that I would be addressing if I were keeping it:
1. The front truck cable is failing.... works at times. Might need replacing.
2. The rear reflector...... I like it, but Lennie included the original lock hardware, so I would have eventually taken it back to stock
3. Front/Rear bumpers were recently installed.... I have yet to polish them.
4. Carpet kit can be installed a bit better..... looks a bit loose in places. But the carpet is in perfect condition.

I might be forgetting to mention something. The car has been great and I will hate to see it go.

I have bought my last four 914's on this site, and have made many good friends. I will be as open and helpful as possible if you are interested in buying..... there is one non-member that has shown interest, but I would like to offer to World members first.

Feel free to text me (707) 888-1857
Robert
beerchug.gif

Click to view attachment Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachment[attachmentid=671
629]Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachment[attachmentid
=671633]Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachment[attachme
ntid=671637]Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachment[atta
chmentid=671641]Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachment[
attachmentid=671645]Click to view attachment
burton73
Hi Buddy,

Very nice looking car. A clean original black car is a nice one to own

Good Luck with the sale. Someone will be getting a nice car.

Bob B
douglastic
outstanding

glws
ValcoOscar
QUOTE(douglastic @ Oct 20 2018, 03:05 PM) *

outstanding

glws

Yup...nice

I can vouch for seller..straight honest shooter. We recently had dinner together when he came to LA.

chowtime.gif

Oscar

mepstein
Looks like a fantastic car. Front trunk cables don’t fail. They just need to be kept lubed every couple years to work like new.
BuddyV
Thanks for the compliments..... something about a black car. I have owned two. I'm sure I will also regret selling this one.

Not sure how I managed to NOT scratch it in two years of ownership.

ps - The car was not washed/detailed yet in these pics..... and the bumpers were also not polished, etc. I wanted to get pics to the World members ASAP.

Great car.
tygaboy
Robert (the seller) has been over a number of times with this car. And I've talked with the previous owner (Lennie). It's a stunner! I'm sure I'll kick myself for not snatching it up. As others have said:
Trustworthy seller, honest car. Buy it, drive it, then drive it some more!

And it's BLACK! aktion035.gif
jim_hoyland
Seen the car at the Monterey WCR when Lennie had finished it; the pictures speak for themselves. Truly a finely finished 914...... smile.gif
BuddyV
I am getting a bit of interest from outside the World members...... was hoping this car would stay in our group.

If there is anything I can add for anyone about the car, please let me know. It's a wonderful car that should stay close. I would prefer to sell to a World Member.

Thank you all for looking.

beerchug.gif
71six
Is this still available? I recently inquired by e mail and message via 914 Club board.

Thanks,
Mark
BuddyV
Car is sold.... thanks, all!

And thank you, 914World site. I will be making a contribution to support the site this week.

beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.