Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: car bra
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bulliporker
anyone running a car bra and got any pictures of it on car as some seem to fit terrible when others seem loads better any recommendations for the best fitting ones are Colgan the best
Mark Henry
QUOTE(bulliporker @ Oct 20 2018, 07:50 PM) *

anyone running a car bra and got any pictures of it on car as some seem to fit terrible when others seem loads better any recommendations for the best fitting ones are Colgan the best

Bra-less is best first.gif
Mark Henry
Really...they all suck. stromberg.gif
Mike Bellis
Even the best vinyl is only good for 7 years. I would not run a bra and risk paint damage.
rjames
Put the bra back in the box and never speak of it again. av-943.gif

Seriously, though. It’s your car, do what makes you happy. If you want to put a bra on your car, go ahead and put a bra on your car.
mlindner
Speed Lingerie out of California. They fit beautiful. Good for 150 mph. Color matched to most colors. Had mine for 18 years, paint was like new. But, like everything else you have to take care of them. Wash and dry after a long drive. Picture at last Parade, French Lick. Paint all original. Best, MarkClick to view attachment
mlindner
A picture with bra on......My celebration after getting all the luggage in the car. I do agree with Mark and Mike, lots of new options (clear rap, ceramic coating, spray foam).Click to view attachment
bulliporker
I don't think speed lingerie do a bra for a 914 mlindner had bras on many cars no damage whatsoever but don't leave them on all the time
FlacaProductions
and if you DO put one on, don't leave it on in the rain or let it get/stay wet on the car or the paint will cloud.
bulliporker
there must be someone on here running a car bra
mepstein
probably good if you flat tow your car.
Mike Bellis
QUOTE(bulliporker @ Oct 21 2018, 04:26 PM) *

there must be someone on here running a car bra

Nope... We sold them all to some sucker in Great Britain...
bulliporker
you should have saved me one
sb914
Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment not mine !! Here you go !
JeffBowlsby
QUOTE(bulliporker @ Oct 22 2018, 05:36 AM) *

you should have saved me one

I think I have a Colgan in excellent condition one I can sell you. Want it?
bulliporker
any idea what make the 2 bras are sb914
bulliporker
do you have any pics of the Colgan bra on the car jeff
JeffBowlsby
Here is one identical to mine. I checked mine over and did not see a manufacturer ID on it. Mine has no tears or flaws, the attachments are all in great shape. See how nicely this one fits snug to the hood, especially where it meets the fenders? No other version is made to fit tight to the hood like this, they usually have a triangular stiffener bar. I want to put it on my car but cannot get to that or post photos of it until this weekend.

Let me know if you are interested in more photos.
bulliporker
please jeff
bulliporker
is the bra in one or 2 pieces
JeffBowlsby
One piece, it slips over the end of the hood (bonnet). The few wrinkles are because it had been folded up...they will disappear after a bit. After seeing it on the car again I am not certain I want to let it go, this style is very hard to find.
RickS
It’s cousin
Click to view attachment
sixnotfour
So Im standing outside,,a SUV pulls in my driveway...Oh Great.....pulls right up to and says I got something you may want.....OK tada I sold my 914 10 years ago and cleaning the garage I found this ...saw your 914 sooo..Me Thank You very much..have a great day ... beerchug.gif happened 10 minutes ago... btw I dont live in a big city
Larmo63
I have one of those too. It came with my car.

A 914 bra is actually pretty complicated.
bulliporker
you any pics of it on car larmo 63
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.