Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB: Steering rack sheet metal
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
porsche914_73
Hi Gents:

I've been searching for the sheetmetal section to get my restoration project unstuck. I've gotten a few leads only to be a dead end or the seller to disappear and not get back to me.

The first panel I need goes from the rear of the front trunk, over the steering rack, to the front edge of the cabin floor pan. Basically the section that contains the four mount points for the crossbar. I'll prefer if it has the flange edge for ease of welding to the inner wheel wells but not required as those can be fabbed up.

I'm also looking for the panel behind the dash, from the top of the side vent holes all the way to the floorpan. Flanges are preferred but again, they can be fabbed. The steering column support attached to this panel is not really required as mine is in good shape.

I'm including a picture of both sections. Due to my location, I prefer east coast leads. AYCI shipping rates are crazy from CONUS to the Caribbean (except good ol' USPS of course).

Steering rack 'hump' sheet metal

Click to view attachment

Dash crosspanel

Click to view attachment

Thanks all for any leads.
GaroldShaffer
Would it be easier (and maybe cheaper) to send cut down front clip? That way you could cut it down to exactly what you need? I have no idea on how or the costs, but maybe easier on this end to ship that way?

Sorry I still don't have a good over the steering rack area. Most recent parts car has rust issues there also. I have you on my "parts needed list"
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.