Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Started a new job
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
scotty b
That's right folks, I left the red headed burger queen and now I'm the head fryolater for the clown laugh.gif Seriously though I started werking part time for a guy who has a shop servicing European cars. He has several Restoration jobs sitting with no body man. I've kept quiet because I didn't want to jinx the whole deal. It seemed to good to be true! I have officially gone full time, gotten a raise and keys to the shop so I guess it is safe now unsure.gif My first job is almost scaring me off though. It is an Alfa Romeo, Guilia GTA. 1 of 500 made, aluminum bodied factory race car
jet1
Good luck with the new job. It sounds like a good deal. clap.gif
scotty b
huh.gif Something wierd is already happening. I knew I should have kept my mouf shut mad.gif One more once more
Second project is a 1970 Fiat Abarth
scotty b
Pic of the rivets on the GTA that dissapeard confused24.gif
scotty b
some of my company biggrin.gif Maserati Ghibli
scotty b
Abarth Simca that just left for England. Belonged to the same guy that owns the Fiat Abarth pictured above. Rear engine, 1300 lbs., and I think he said it has 175 h.p. !!
Flat VW
QUOTE (scotty b @ Jun 17 2005, 04:07 PM)
Abarth Simca that just left for England. Belonged to the same guy that owns the Fiat Abarth pictured above. Rear engine, 1300 lbs., and I think he said it has 175 h.p. !!

NICE CAR, DISPLACEMENT?

John smilie_pokal.gif
Flat VW
P.S. congrats on the new gig!!! clap.gif

J
scotty b
Abarth front view. BAD byatch!!
scotty b
QUOTE (Flat VW @ Jun 17 2005, 04:09 PM)

NICE CAR, DISPLACEMENT?

John smilie_pokal.gif

wink.gif Not positive but I think it is 1984 c.c. I know NOTHING about these cars and am having to learn them as I hammer on them rolleyes.gif
scotty b
Flare the owner paid for on the Fiat
scotty b
Flare the owner tried to do on his own blink.gif I get to fix it headbang.gif
xsboost90
that would be MY dream job, except i would be the owner...congrats!
scruz914
Man oh man... what a job! Keep us posted on your projects so we can vicariously live the dream!

-Jeff
scotty b
Flaring a Fiat in a fashion remenecent of John Kelly Kahn! smash.gif
You can see in this and a prvious pic what the owner made
scotty b
Cut the piece of 1/4 solid stock out, and the green tape is where the flare SHOULD be to copy an OT 1000
scotty b
First pass with hammer and dolly to create a hard crease like the real cars have.
scotty b
Second pass to smooth and shape a little better. Approx 25-30 min of hammer time at this point. Then it all slows down sad.gif
scotty b
Owner cut out to much metal so I had to add 1 1/2" strip to the front and back, ground that down and bent a piece of 1/4" solid stock and tacked it on. Then found that I had a little gap at the top to fill mad.gif
scotty b
Perrty much done with the metal werking as the owner doesn't want to pay to get it "perfect". He plans on vintage racing it so he doesn't mind a little mudding to keep the price down.I'll be putting a coat of Vario on it Mon. and he'll take it home to do the inside, underside engine comp.,and trunk the he's bringing it back to be smoothed and painted.
scotty b
Here's a shot throught the headlight to show how much it was stretched. Right at 3"
scotty b
Last one for now. On the ground with about 150 lbs of wight (wheels and tires) I'm gonna go get some food and get to werk on MY stuff for a change chowtime.gif smash.gif
watsonrx13
Scott, congrats on the new job, I wish you were closer, I'd really enjoy you sharing you body work skills with me.... Those Italian cars are awesome.... beautifully.. smilie_pokal.gif
scotty b
Thanks Rob. i wish I was closer to you too.... unsure.gif Well not YOU but Florida huh.gif Panhandle's where I wanna be, so I'm a loadin up my bags and movin to Panama City, Gulf that is, swimmin pools and Ferarri cars. Sorry. I should be shot for that
watsonrx13
QUOTE (scotty b @ Jul 17 2005, 03:54 PM)
Thanks Rob. i wish I was closer to you too.... unsure.gif Well not YOU but Florida huh.gif Panhandle's where I wanna be, so I'm a loadin up my bags and movin to Panama City, Gulf that is, swimmin pools and Ferarri cars. Sorry. I should be shot for that

Great, when can we expect you???.... Joe Richard is outside of Biloxi, get 914 guy....
scotty b
QUOTE (watsonrx13 @ Jul 17 2005, 01:20 PM)
QUOTE (scotty b @ Jul 17 2005, 03:54 PM)
Thanks Rob. i wish I was closer to you too.... unsure.gif Well not YOU but Florida huh.gif  Panhandle's where I wanna be, so I'm a loadin up my bags and movin to Panama City, Gulf that is, swimmin pools and Ferarri cars. Sorry. I should be shot for that

Great, when can we expect you???.... Joe Richard is outside of Biloxi, get 914 guy....

sad.gif Unfortunately no time soon. That is my "someday" plan. Either there or Nags Head/ Hatteras area. I guess I like hurricanes huh.gif We get nailed here by most of the east coast runners but not like those two places. Ever since I was a kid I've wanted to live in one of those two..........sigh
maf914

Those Abarth special-bodied cars were pretty. That one looks quite similar to the Porsche powered model they built. I always liked those.
scotty b
Just thought I'd give an update on the little Fiat. A couple of you seemed interested in it, the owner picked it up and took it home months ago, and returned it about 3 weeks? ago. I got the body done and shot it today. Final coat of Vario.
scotty b
Glossy flossy rolleyes.gif
scotty b
Fat Fanny
scotty b
Just a correction on my former statement of this being an OT 1000 clone...It is actually a clone of a 2000 OT Mostra. I've learned a little more about these goofy little cars since then rolleyes.gif From what I am told there was only 1 of these cars built and this may be the only clone built. Apparently it is a fairly unknown car except for the Abarth crowd. Here's a pic of the real deal
Flat VW
Sharp car, thanks for the follow-up photos,

John wavey.gif
rpmmaxxed
Schweeeet.

Looks kinda like a cooper.

Both cool lookin.
Lou W
Looks great, you've done a great job. Keep the pictures coming. smilie_pokal.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.