Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Are there retractable seat belts available for a '72?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
gvlb914
Looking for a set of retractable seat belts (for my daily driver) that can be installed in a '72 914 without any body modifications etc. Are there any out there?
Thanks for the advise...
mepstein
Yes. It can be done. There are a couple threads on this. The retractor mounts next to the seat. It isn’t recessed but works fine.
Dave_Darling
I think that most or all of the 72s did come with the recesses in the firewall that would accommodate the stock retractors. Take a look at the engine bay side of the firewall; compare with photos on here to make sure.

--DD
914Toy
I have a 914 - 4 car with stock retractible seat belts.
BeatNavy
My model year '72 is Nov '71 build, and it does not have recesses. But I was able to put in some aftermarket retractable 3-point belts without any mods. I can't remember where I got them for the life of me, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't seat belt planet.

The shoulder harness bolt hole is there. Use the existing one on the long and in the tunnel to mount the connector. On the driver's side, be careful the bolt doesn't go too far into the tunnel, or it will interfere with the shift rod.
gvlb914
QUOTE(BeatNavy @ Oct 23 2018, 01:35 PM) *

My model year '72 is Nov '71 build, and it does not have recesses. But I was able to put in some aftermarket retractable 3-point belts without any mods. I can't remember where I got them for the life of me, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't seat belt planet.

The shoulder harness bolt hole is there. Use the existing one on the long and in the tunnel to mount the connector. On the driver's side, be careful the bolt doesn't go too far into the tunnel, or it will interfere with the shift rod.

Thank you. Do you think that model year '73 factory retractables would
work in the '72?
ClayPerrine
If the pockets are in the firewall, and the transition was sometime in 72, then the late seat belts will just bolt in.

Also, the 944 seat belts are exact fit replacements for 914 retractable belts.

dr914@autoatlanta.com
seat belt planet sells a perfect fit set and they are very reasonable

uote name='gvlb914' date='Oct 23 2018, 11:00 AM' post='2659627']
Looking for a set of retractable seat belts (for my daily driver) that can be installed in a '72 914 without any body modifications etc. Are there any out there?
Thanks for the advise...
[/quote]
jims914
QUOTE(gvlb914 @ Oct 23 2018, 11:00 AM) *

Thanks for the advise...

Hello Gary,
Are the seat belts arable still ?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.