Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: PCOTM 2018 OFFICIAL POLL
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Andyrew
POLL CLOSED! Congrats Marty/Matthew!

This forum is home to some epic builds and journeys, many of which are completed and have gone on to become showcased in our world renown Car Of The Month (COTM).

However this journey is rarely celebrated even though for many the journey is what tugs on our emotions and keeps us coming back to this wonderful place to share our lives with each other.

As a celebration of that we are starting an annual Project Car Of The Month to recognize the meticulous builds and documentation that these individuals bring to the table. This will take place of one of the "COTM"s and will generally be polled at the end of the year.

This poll is for those projects that are well underway but are long from completion. Many of these projects take years or even decades to complete and are done with anywhere between a shoestring budget and a (seemingly) unlimited budget.

BEFORE YOU VOTE:

Please take the time to read through each build. These individuals poured a lot of time into documenting and sharing this information and you would be doing them a disservice by not taking the time to read them through. Please note they are LONG build threads that represent thousands of man hours. So put asside some time this week to read through them and join each individual through their journey. Preferably with your favorite drink in hand smile.gif.

I will be closing the poll after 2 weeks to give everyone enough time to read through these builds. Poll closes 11-8-2018

NOTE: Unlike normal I will not be posting pictures of the cars as even more of an incentive for you all to actually open up their build threads and read through their journey progress.

mb911's 74 2.0 factory stock rebuild
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...060&hl=list

bbrock's 73 2.0 factory stock rebuild
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=307290

maltese falcon's ultra custom shop build
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...=206097&hl=

curbandgutter's ultra custom backyard build
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=206845

tygaboy's ultra custom backyard build
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=296900
Dion
This poll looks like it’s going to get shuffled down and lost.
Should it get a colour background or some such?
Lot of followers & not many votes?
It’s for fun guys where are the votes?
Andyrew
QUOTE(Dion @ Oct 25 2018, 04:42 PM) *

Well there is a lot of required reading before people vote unless they've already read all the threads. I imagine that's what's going on.
Personally I need to read through Bbrock and MB911s threads as I never followed them. Then I can vote smile.gif
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(Andyrew @ Oct 25 2018, 11:21 PM) *

QUOTE(Dion @ Oct 25 2018, 04:42 PM) *

Well there is a lot of required reading before people vote unless they've already read all the threads. I imagine that's what's going on.
Personally I need to read through Bbrock and MB911s threads as I never followed them. Then I can vote smile.gif

you can say that again!! they are all awesome but to me you could have 2 groups of this kind of vote one withmore the super custom race car type modification build thread, like Maltese and another one with bbrock and mb911 types- apples and oranges, how can you choose? its like voting on a bus vs a corvette . I just went back thru all of these and spent almost an hour skimming thru bbrocks again and had forgotten how bad that car is!! and remember - he did this in his garage! almost all by himself and I think he has more replacement metal than what was left or was able to be used!! freaking amazing amount of work sir!!( I guess when you live in montana and get one month of summer and 9 months of winter you have to have something to do, right?? poke.gif
Congrats, that is so amazing. Cheers to all but a full hats off and bow to the BeaverMan! lol-2.gif aktion035.gif - if you don't get the reference then you have not read his thread closely!

Phil
Andyrew
BUMP!
Andyrew
BUMP!
SirAndy
Get out and vöte!

poke.gif
76-914
Andrew, there are two I really like. Before I vote I wanted to know if those that don't win can be eligible at another point in time? confused24.gif
Andyrew
Kent,

I'll be doing another PCOTM next year so they can be voted on next year if they don't finish their build (Finish a build?).
914forme
av-943.gif What build is ever finished
aharder
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Oct 29 2018, 12:04 PM) *

Get out and vöte!

poke.gif

agree.gif
Andyrew
icon_bump.gif
Andyrew
Weve got a pretty low voter turnout 5 votes could turn this into anyone's game!

Let's get the voting going!
FourBlades

I just noticed this thread for the first time and I have read all 5 builds end to end.

How is this thread so stealthy?

John
Andyrew
Good question!
mark04usa
icon_bump.gif
914_teener
Ya know it could be for other reasons too.

I voted.
Andyrew
Did you vote?

I hear the US government is requiring employers to allow employees time to vote!

YOU HAVE NO EXCUSE! tongue.gif

SirAndy
QUOTE(Andyrew @ Nov 6 2018, 10:48 AM) *
Did you vote?
I hear the US government is requiring employers to allow employees time to vote!
YOU HAVE NO EXCUSE! tongue.gif

I'm not allowed to vote, i'd be doing jail time if i did. How is that for an excuse?
biggrin.gif
Andyrew
Oh that law is just for the midterms and not for 914world polls?

Shoot...... I thought the GOV cared about us....
sb914
This is close! I wonder if the Russians are in on it ? poke.gif
Andyrew
No but im sure the Germans sure have a vote or two smile.gif
Andyrew
CONGRATULATIONS MARTY/Matthew (Maltese Falcon) On our FIRST Project Car of the Month!!!

I hope everyone was exposed to some builds that they were not originally exposed to which they will be following on a regular basis now! (I know I was!)

We will be back to our regularly scheduled COTM in the next round of voting.

bbrock
Congrats Marty! What an incredible amount of work! And thank you Andyrew for doing this. There are now two more builds that I hadn't been following but sure as heck will now!

I'm honored that my humble little project was even nominated among this stellar group of fabricators, craftsmen, and engineers. Truly mind blowing what is being done out there in garages and back yards. beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.