Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914-6 taking on the field at the Limerock Historics.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Fubawu
1970 914-6 conversion with a 69 S engine built to 2.2 with a 70.4
crank. On Weber 40's, Bilsteins early S brakes.
Fun race with tons of action, this little car takes on the big blocks as well as its 911 bretheren.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gZA0zyxpuGI&t=328s

Enjoy!
Dion
I was up there with my son and Dave (914Dave).
Nice run! A little bit loose near the end, oil on track?
Here’s my son in the seat of a taildragger getting a few pointers from the owner.
Thanks for sharing the vid.
pete000
Nice driving, car looks great !
Fubawu
That's Dave giving your son advise. Nice car and even nicer guy.

As for getting loose, the big bore cars were dropping oil and parts during the race. A few cars were pointed the wrong way by the end of the race
Dion
Dropping parts?!? Wow. Ya know I never really gave that a thought unless
fender banging was going on but.. given the age of these cars. Yes I can see that. Your 914 looks great. We go up every year.
I’ll be sure to look for you next time.
Yes that fellow Dave was a real gentleman. Spent
a good amount of time with Nick. A real good time.
Thanks again for posting. Very cool.
Great reflexes and car control!
Fubawu
Dion

They were dropping parts mostly because they were rubbing and at time hitting each other. In the video you can see a pretty big impact in front of me turn 1 exit
brant
How do you get 2.2L from a 70.4 crank?

2.4?
infraredcalvin
Man that blue tail dragger deserved a fist in the air, you were too nice to him after your pass, gave him lots of room. He was holding you up and driving overly defensive, then the pass on yellow? Sheesh!

Agree with above, nice driving, I prefer to run with gentlemen drivers like yourself!
Fubawu
Thanks for the compliments..to be honest the blue 911 is a good guy. He didn't realize he passed under yellow. No biggie but I was a bit annoyed as it allowed the red 911 to get the jump on me. As for cc 81bore with a 70.4 crank is 2.2
stownsen914
Nice driving!
mlindner
Great driving..and love the late braking. Thanks for sharing. Best, Mark
73-914
To all that say 914's are NARP , I say Watch + Learn
flyer86d
Great stuff! That little engine really pulls!

Charlie
Jetsetsurfshop
Nice driving!
driving.gif
Fubawu
Thanks guys, 210 hp 1950lbs . I have to say I've raced everything from F1600 , Radicals, Porsche 911's but I'm always anxious to jump in the 914 most have to drive one to get it! Fun car on ever level.

I just got back from Rennsport racing two 911's what a trip. I'll post a great video of the race and events. More info on
Machine-Motorsports Facebook page or Instagram
Fubawu
Here's the car I'll be racing next season. 914-6 found in the 80's with a bolt in cage cannery yellow and rear only GT flares. Now it's red with a 2.3 Aluminum case twin plug. Really well built car.
Dion
QUOTE(Fubawu @ Oct 27 2018, 07:57 AM) *

Here's the car I'll be racing next season. 914-6 found in the 80's with a bolt in cage cannery yellow and rear only GT flares. Now it's red with a 2.3 Aluminum case twin plug. Really well built car.

Look forward to seeing this at speed next season. Good luck with all the preparations.
Cheers.
Fubawu
QUOTE(Dion @ Oct 27 2018, 09:34 AM) *

QUOTE(Fubawu @ Oct 27 2018, 07:57 AM) *

Look forward to seeing this at speed next season. Good luck with all the preparations.
Cheers.

Thanks Dion...just making final adjustments to engine specs.
Pauter rockers on the way along with ti rods
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.