Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Montery Historics advice wanted
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Ferg
Ok, I'm psyched!! I just got a mini motorhome and decided the first trip is going to be the Historics next month at laguna seca. Tickets and camping are still available but I wanted to know if off site camping would be better for my wife and I. She will not be attending the racing and want's to go shopping ect, we might also bring out two dogs. I'm only going Sat, and part of the day sunday. I don't know the area very well, and I am fine with riding my bike to the races so anything in a 25 mile radius would be good. Any suggestions?? I know must stuff will be booked up. Also I look forward to meeting as many club memebers as possible even though I will be 914 less.. Ferg.
VegasRacer
I have only been to the Historics twice and camped on site. If you camp elsewhere it will probably be cheaper. You can also probably make better time getting to the track on a bike thank waiting in the line of cars.

If you have not been there before it is a great track and a beautiful area. I could sure go for some of cold foggy costal morning weather. It's gonna be 116 again today in Vegas.

Here is a link to most of the camp sites close to the track. http://pt-lobos.parks.state.ca.us/geninfo/camping.htm
rick 918-S
I'll be at the Historics on Saturday! Lets trade cell numbers. Others will be there also. Who's going? Lets get a list started and get some cell numbers out so we can all hook up.
Brad Roberts
What are the dates/times ??

I know I'm in Oregon August 2nd and in New York (Watkins Glen) 7th-11th.

B
Ferg
August 15-17... Ferg.
Brad Roberts
Thanks.

I go every year (since I moved here in 1996)..I should be able to make it down.

I know the Roadglue guy's have camped out at the "Pre-Historics" for the last 3 years...

We normally do a fun run down the event (in the 914's)

B
richardL
The Friday is always a good day to go. Its much quieter so the paddock is a LOT less crowded. Also its cheaper.

All the cars run Friday in practice, only half actually run on Saturday and Sunday.

I'm not sure yet, but if I can, I'll go Friday.

Richard
rick 918-S
My wife and I fly in Thursday afternoon. We'll be in a rental car. Our hotel is in walking distance of Cannery Row. (for good reason) Friday my wife wants to hang around Monterey and site see. Maybe look for a winery tour. Friday night should be fun. We plan on hanging out on Cannery row. There were some great clubs there two years ago. Saturday we want to spend the day at the The track. Saturday night maybe Sly Mc Fly's if it's still open. We fly out Sunday. Anyone that wants to meet up and swap stories, lies and laughs send me an email. I'll send you me cell number. I bet I can tell the wildest story. I used to own a Collision Repair Store and had the most disfunctional employee's on the planet. Makes for some great conversation!
Ferg
Rich, I'd love to meet up at some point. As soon as I get my details nailed down, which camp ground ect ect. I'll shoot you an email. We plan to get there thursday morning. clap56.gif
Ferg.
Ferg
Well I decided Friday only for me at the track, this is my wifes vacation too so all three days was a little much for her to handle, besides this way we can swing by yosemite on the way back. Only problem so far, is I cannot find a campground anywhere (I expected this) sad.gif , We might get lucky once we get there or have to throw the roof up on the van in the old parking lot thurdsay night. barf.gif
Ferg.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.