Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Four Cars, 3 Bubbles and a Bag
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
orthobiz
Michigan for me is a six month a year state for driving 914's. I'll be driving again in the spring.

Once car is in a Car Bag, carbag.com, has no fan, uses a desiccant and zips up but I don't particularly care for it. Found that some critter ate into my bag this summer and made a nest in the folds, luckily they did not do this during the winter season!

I bought another Car Capsule, carcapsule.com, the most recent iteration has a battery charger with its own battery that will keep the thing inflated for 40 hours if there is a power outage. It's much thicker than the originals that I have and has a seamless bubble with a checkerboard floor. Fancy.

I highly recommend the Car Capsule. In my mind, it's "critter evident" rather than "critter proof." I had a problem with one of the chargers and Phil, the owner, was gracious about making sure the problem was fixed and that I was happy. Excellent product, excellent service, perfectly preserved cars...what more could I ask for?

Anyway, I once read that cars kept on a trickle charge have less corrosion overall?

One of the cars is sold to a buddy this spring. Four is too many!

Paul

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image
mepstein
wow, that's quite the collection. beerchug.gif
914-300Hemi
Rather sad to see them packed away like that.
TJB/914

Hi Paul,

Wow you have them tucked away before this terrible rainy fall season. I am behind in my projects and have to postpone everything until next spring. My house building project is so far behind with all this rain and I never got the 914 out of the garage.headbang.gif

Be safe and see you next spring.

Tom
orthobiz
QUOTE(TJB/914 @ Oct 28 2018, 12:55 PM) *

Hi Paul,

Wow you have them tucked away before this terrible rainy fall season. I am behind in my projects and have to postpone everything until next spring. My house building project is so far behind with all this rain and I never got the 914 out of the garage.headbang.gif

Be safe and see you next spring.

Tom

My orange garage queen added a few hundred miles this year, including a 60 mile backroad covered bridge trek with the Western Michigan Porsche Club, something I need to do more often. I subscribe to the Brad Mayeur "one tank of gas a year at least" philosophy.

Next time you're through Cadillac, stop by, obviously you won't even need to bring a teener!!

Paul
pete000
Living in Michigan rally keeps the mileage low on specialty cars. I don't miss the 9 months of winter and 3 months of bad weather !!!

I can say this being a native Michigander and lived there 18 years, shoveled alot of snow and fixed a lot of rusted salt cars back there !

Nice bubbles BTW, always wanted one of those.

914_7T3
Reminds me of the "Bubble Boy" episode on Seinfeld!

lol-2.gif
Triaddave
Nice cars and cool packaging. I know about uppers winters, went to school at NMU, Marquette in 75. I didn't have a 914 then...
bulliporker
I have a carcoon for one of my cars you ever tried the airchamber if you ever decide to part with the ivory white 2.0 please let me know
Bartlett 914
QUOTE(914-300Hemi @ Oct 28 2018, 10:20 AM) *

He lives in northern Michigan! You don't drive nice cars like these in Winter!
Not Sad
orthobiz
QUOTE(Bartlett 914 @ Oct 31 2018, 09:41 AM) *

Not Sad

But the six month driving season is kinda sad. It does let me switch over to vinyl records, my other passion.

Paul
Ferg
Throw some confetti in those, adult snow globe w00t.gif
Lucky9146
QUOTE(orthobiz @ Oct 28 2018, 05:35 AM) *

Michigan for me is a six month a year state for driving 914's. I'll be driving again in the spring.

Once car is in a Car Bag, carbag.com, has no fan, uses a desiccant and zips up but I don't particularly care for it. Found that some critter ate into my bag this summer and made a nest in the folds, luckily they did not do this during the winter season!

I bought another Car Capsule, carcapsule.com, the most recent iteration has a battery charger with its own battery that will keep the thing inflated for 40 hours if there is a power outage. It's much thicker than the originals that I have and has a seamless bubble with a checkerboard floor. Fancy.

I highly recommend the Car Capsule. In my mind, it's "critter evident" rather than "critter proof." I had a problem with one of the chargers and Phil, the owner, was gracious about making sure the problem was fixed and that I was happy. Excellent product, excellent service, perfectly preserved cars...what more could I ask for?

Anyway, I once read that cars kept on a trickle charge have less corrosion overall?

One of the cars is sold to a buddy this spring. Four is too many!

Paul

Nice Storage! Nice collection! Originally a Michigander myself, moved away years ago, mostly because of the weather. Was just there visiting this summer. Usually pass through Cadillac on our way to Manistee. Wish I'd known you were there, I would have contacted you. Maybe next year! beerchug.gif
driving.gif white914.jpg
AZBanks
As a former Michigander, I can say without hesitation that it is a great place to be from.

Do the bubbles maintain humidity or heat?
worn
QUOTE(orthobiz @ Oct 31 2018, 08:16 AM) *

QUOTE(Bartlett 914 @ Oct 31 2018, 09:41 AM) *

Not Sad

But the six month driving season is kinda sad. It does let me switch over to vinyl records, my other passion.

Paul

I have my winter projects, but snow is almost here. And salt the night before. Gotta drain the water lines in the shop this weekend.
mepstein
Buy cheap project cars. you will always have something to work on in the winter. biggrin.gif

and summer, and fall .....
SO.O.C914er
How sad sad.gif I need to drive my car every month for motor therapy piratenanner.gif
aharder
QUOTE(mepstein @ Oct 31 2018, 08:50 PM) *

Buy cheap project cars. you will always have something to work on in the winter. biggrin.gif

agree.gif
Living in Texas, I think I'm good for 10 out of 12 biggrin.gif
orthobiz
QUOTE(aharder @ Oct 31 2018, 11:00 PM) *

QUOTE(mepstein @ Oct 31 2018, 08:50 PM) *

agree.gif
Living in Texas, I think I'm good for 10 out of 12 biggrin.gif

Hmmm....we have rust, you have dry rot. But, no rust in the Car Capsules.
I must admit, 6 months of driving each year is just not enough!

Paul
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.