Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: excellent sun yellow 73, 2.0
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
earlyaircooled
link to 135 pictures including close ups and details here: My Webpage

Excellent Original 1973 Porsche 914 2.0 liter fuel injected engine. Original sun yellow with tan and black interior. Vin #4732901912 and matching engine number GA000297. 14,581 miles on odometer (114,581 miles on car). Engine top end including new pistons and cylinders, rebuilt heads and clutch job done in 1990 at cost of nearly $3000 back then.

An online album with over 130 pictures available by request.

This Porsche runs and drives and looks fantastic. This car is super original and includes the tool kit, owner’s manual, warranty book, matching spare wheel, jack and touch up paint, Sigla West Germany windshield and it also comes with a nice size stack of receipts. I also found in the papers an old black and white photo of the car “back in the day” that I will include.

1973 2.0 liter 914 come pretty loaded with options but this one has additional factory options including tinted glass and defroster rear window.

This car has been in Washington and Oregon since new which helps to explain the amazing interior and the uncracked dash etc.

This 914 has been painted to a high standard in the past. The only real paint flaws are some touched up paint chips and a small area under the driver’s side sail vinyl that was repaired (new metal welded in), that small area was touched up and the paint is close but not a 100% match. The only rust that I can find anywhere is a very small patch of little bubbles in the paint on the passenger side under the sail vinyl. I have pictures of the inner sills under the outer rockers and they are superb and there is no rust in other common problem areas such as the front hood seal area and the “hell hole” under the battery and the battery box itself.

I worked on this Porsche for most of the past two months, an estimated 200 hours to fix small things and detail every single square inch. This included cleaning and touching up then waxing paint in the trunks, door jams, inner sills etc. I also refinished the front and rear valences and side rockers with Wurth products. I estimate it would take $50,000 to take a clapped out project 914 and make it as nice as this one. The beauty of this car is that it is original and was never completely restored just painted and detailed etc. Most of the original components including the entire interior were installed 47 years ago!

I’m the owner of the spectacular 914 and I have a clean Oregon title in my name. This is a 47 year old used car and as nice as it is, I’m selling it “as is” with no warranty. I recommend coming to see this car in person and or having it professionally inspected.

new brake pads, brake flush and professional tune of mixture, runs like a top. New price today 12-4-18 $21,000
burton73
That my friend is a sweet ass yellow 914-

Bob B
pete000
That is a very good buy GLWS
Mike Fitton
Someone should make a deal on this one!
Cairo94507
That is one fine '73 2.0. Wish I had it. GLWTS. beerchug.gif
IronHillRestorations
Very nice! Yellow and tan is a great color combination
dax1969
QUOTE(burton73 @ Oct 29 2018, 05:52 AM) *

Bob B

Bob, if this car was closer to you I would beg to go and have a look for me.... damn this one looks nice. Don't think that seller is as patient as you were when I bought your cars.... biggrin.gif
Being on ebay there will be no time for me to arrange ppi and negotiate....

Greeting fm Belgium
Dax

Ansbacher
QUOTE(burton73 @ Oct 28 2018, 11:52 PM) *

Bob B

What is the paint code for "Ass Yellow"? wacko.gif

Ansbacher
dax1969
PM sent

Feedback fm other members welcome

greetings
Dax
914Next
QUOTE(dax1969 @ Oct 31 2018, 05:17 AM) *

PM sent

Feedback fm other members welcome

greetings
Dax

Looks like a very nice car so don't mean to sound critical but the three things I can see that just raise questions for me are:

1) The overspray in various areas. I personally look at this as signs of the attention given and small indicator of the quality of the re-paint. Of course this can be cleaned up.
2) does the battery tray appear to be mudded or fiberglassed? Perhaps the seller can comment and
3) that air cleaner cover is different. Not like on my own '73. Is that a cover from an earlier....or later car?

Overall looks like a very nice car!

Steve
liebe
QUOTE(earlyaircooled @ Oct 29 2018, 03:35 AM) *

Detailed desctiption and 24 pictures on Ebay click here: My Webpage

link to 135 pictures including close ups and details here: My Webpage

Ebay reserve is sub $20,000 would I end the auction and sell it directly if someone offered $25,000? You bet I would!

I really like this 914.
earlyaircooled
new price 11-24-18 $22,000
earlyaircooled
I have been over this car from top to bottom for two months, detailed everything, there is no overspray except perhaps a little way down in the engine compartment below the engine sound pad, super hard to see and there is none on the body or body trim etc. I did some painting of the battery box and the firewall behind the sound pad which I replaced with a new one from 914 rubber, hard to paint in there and hard to mask off in there. I took pics with the engine lid off and fuel injection "computer" box our of the way, now that the engine lid with rain tray and the wiring and the sound pad and computer box and battery are in you really cant see down in there, unless you really stick your head in there, so I didnt fret about a small amount of overspray in an area you cant see when everything is assembled.

This is a very early 73, 2.0 made in August of 72 the air box looks like another 73 I had but it was also an early one.

The battery tray had one rusty area about 1/2 inch by 2 inches in one corner I took the battery tray to bare metal, properly welded in a small strip of new metal, then put a rust converter, then rustoleum primer then I did brushed on a layer of Wurth stone guard (undercoating) which I think the factory should have done from the beginning then I painted the area with rustoleum sun burst yellow, close to sun yellow. The whole area is rust free, all metal no fiberglass or other crap, fully well coated and you cant see it now that the battery is in place so I didnt worry about the stone guard being brushed on or a little bumpy etc.

The paint job was very well done and still looks great etc, everything else other than door seals and a few other seals etc are original as the entire excellent interior and no crack dash etc.
earlyaircooled
new price lower price Lots of interest, no buyer yet
earlyaircooled
new price today
burton73
QUOTE(Ansbacher @ Oct 30 2018, 06:55 PM) *

QUOTE(burton73 @ Oct 28 2018, 11:52 PM) *

Bob B

What is the paint code for "Ass Yellow"? wacko.gif

Ansbacher

SAme as FLY YELLOW
halmil
My very early 73 has vinyl on the A pillars
earlyaircooled
$1000 just spent on brake fluid flush and fill, new alternator belt, fuel mixture tuning (runs sweet!), brake pads, wiper blades and throttle cable. Just dropped the price today another $1000 to $21,000.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.