Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: John Paul Jr - 935 Porsche
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > Ads: All Other Non-914 Stuff
Yahmann
Hi Guys

John Paul Jr is very close friend of mine and for the last 15 years has struggled with Huntington's Disease. You all may remember him as a great race driver with many IMSA wins, IMSA championship, and a Indy car winner. He also has a bit of a notorious past when his dad (john Paul Sr) involved him in his MJ smuggling biz. What would you have done in your teens if your dad said there was a 935 to drive if you did it.

Anyway, Silvia Wilkinson (John Moton's wife/GF) has written a book about JP and his life, racing and struggle with this horrible disease.

Take a look at the book at johnmortonracing.net - you can buy it and all the proceeds go to help JP - who requires 24hr care and others with Huntington's.

Check it out and think about helping out Porsche great.

Jeff Kline
Any questions - ginetta4@gmail.com
mepstein
As a teenager, what would I have done to drive 935, hell, almost anything!
URY914
Jeff,

thanks for posting this.
IronHillRestorations
Very tragic disease. Years ago I saw a documentary on it, and they said the only way to deal with it is for everyone who has it; not to have kids. sad.gif
Yahmann
John is very tough and is in an experimental program at UCLA to help find a way to deal with Huntingtons. He actually has stabilized in the last year but still has a very difficult time.

I actually didn't know him well when I raced in IMSA. He lives near me and we have become great pals. A group of us get together with him often with our wives. The group includes John Morton, Tommy Kendall, Justin Bell, Joey Cavaglari. Great fun telling lies and exaggerating how fast we are and were.

If anyone would like to send JP an email (on any subject) - I will gladly forward to him. He does feel very isolated, so Iam sure he would love it.

Jeff Kline ginetta4@gmail.com
carr914
Jeff, I send JP a message every so often on Facebook. Good Guy, I got to work with him a few times at Skip Barber.

Thanks for letting us know about the book and please keep us updated on JP
Yahmann
Bump
Yahmann
Bump
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.