Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS: 1970 with 2.0 fuel injected 2056
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
JimmyG
I'm sad to say that I need to sell our 914. This is a really nice 1970 with a 2 liter 2056. Best I can tell, I am the third owner of this car. It is rust free and has been well taken care of. I purchased it from the second owner a few years back. Brad Mayer had been working on this car and made the 2 liter addition, built the transmission, added sway bars, and restored the brakes. I contacted him and bought the car from the owner, and the only unknown was the engine. I spent approximately $5000 and properly built the engine. Take a look at the photos and you will see all of the things I have done to the car such as :
-rebuilt pedal assembly
-added temp gage to mirror 9146 Thanks to Kelvin for this!
-added throttle advance for cruise control like a 9146
-fuel pump relocation with all new braided German fuel line and stainless steel lines through the tunnel
-added H4 head lamps
-spoke made LEDs for front turn signals and rear brake -driving lights so the car is more visible both front and back and are new lenses. Rears are really hard to come by these days.
-added intermittent wiper switch and pump for washer fluid
-added CDR 220 radio and speakers to produce a nice sound while driving
-73-74 center console box in nice shape
-new Alt and wiring harness
-new Bowsley fuel injection Harness..not cheap! Hope I spelled it right Jeff.
- I did change the early light switch and the wiring from a parts harness with the correct color to the newer design.This is shown in the pictures that I listed. If it was a problem,I fixed it.
There has been way more money spent on this vehicle and hundreds of hours that can never be gotten back. Not to mention the money that the previous owner spent on the car and the work that Brad did. I am trying to ask a fair price for the car.
I also have a Mocal cooler set-up I picked up from BAT a while back I have not put on the car I will let go with the car to keep it cool in the hot summer time. I have not driven this car at all since May because of this. It is an easy fix but have not had the time to do it.

Everything works on the car including the fresh air fan and tag lights on a solid rear bumper pad except for the fuel gage. Since it has been sitting so much, it will need one of those. The worst thing about this car is it had a really crappy second spray, and the paint is marginal. This was not a problem for me when I bought the car because I've had freshly painted cars, and I am scared to drive them. I would say that the paint is a 6/10, so I put pictures so you can look at some of the issues, but it's not a pretty paint job. To be really really nice the car would have to be repainted. It looks great at 10 feet as you can see in the pictures. The trunk and boot are not sprayed and are the original so an easy fix during paint. As you can see in the pics, my daughter and I are cleaning some of the unwanted overspray of of the connection points of the rear light assembly. I have records for this car that go back to the original owner including the owners manual and maintenance record, tool kit, and foot rest. I have had a 914 since 1983 and have fooled around with these cars for years. Many of you guys know me and know the car is as I advertise it. The only reason I am getting rid of this car is because my kids are graduating and going to college, so my wife and I are trying to buy an empty nester home. If you have any questions, feel free to ask me. I'll answer as honestly as I can. I want whoever to buy this car to be happy. Come down to Alabama and meet me and see the car; I promise you will be happy.

I have some pictures of the work that I have done for you to look at. If you have any questions feel free to ask.

Pictures : https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipPIjQ2...WdSbVV1T2xocmRB

$18,900.00 OBO
Click to view attachment
JimmyG
Car is sold.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.