Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB: Quick ratio steering rack
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
naro914
Anyone have a quick ratio steering rack they want to get rid of? Even if you just have the Rack and Pinion, I'm interested.

Let me know.
yeahmag
I’m running one in my autocross car. Unless you are autocrossing or doing dirt/gravel rallies, you don’t want one. Just my $0.02.
Chi-town
Who makes a quick rack for the 914?
naro914
We have one in our autocross/street/hillclimb car Huey. The race car really needs it... I might just swap if it’s too expensive to do a another one.

914Sixer
Never heard of one.
mepstein
Probably better luck on pelican but it won't be cheap.
Mikey914
Happy to check my lot of racks, how can I identify one. They all look pretty stock to me.
naro914
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Oct 30 2018, 09:48 AM) *

Happy to check my lot of racks, how can I identify one. They all look pretty stock to me.

they look the same. Quick ratios are 2.5 revolutions lock to lock. Stock is about 3+.
gcrotvik
They were used on the early 930 turbos. Looks like it will have a 930 part number on the housing (93034701000).
yeahmag
The easiest way to tell is to count the turns to lock. It should be 2.5. Compared to a standard 914 rack, the ends are heavily cut (not round).
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.