Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How "lite" can you get a 914?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Greg Bell
Guys, I can't find the old lightweight threads? I was thinking about putting my 2.0 on a diet--street only, but I want to go the Elise route--ultra minimalist.
9144guy
pretty damn light
Greg Bell
Too minimalist! blink.gif
9144guy
this shop car weighs 1760 , we stiped everything not needed and then some,leaving the stock frame w/ fiberglass
9144guy
guess that one was to big ,heres another
Greg Bell
Hey, look at all that extra chrome, plastic and vinyl?
ChrisReale
I think Ury914 has his down below 1500#'s, but it is AX only. You would be surprised how much weight can be shaved by removing all the undercoating and floorboard tar alone.
grantsfo
Here is a list of big hitters:

Replace hood, trunk and bumpers with fiberglass.
Pull the firewall mat out of the engine compartment
Pull the firewall mat out from behind the backpad
Pull the backpad out and carpet behind your seats
If you can go without heat replace heat exchanges with header system and lightweight muffler.
Remove the floor tar
Get the lightest wheels and tires you can find.

Those are the big ones, but there are lots of small things you can do. Just depends how functional you want your car when its on the street.
Dman
Grant, sounds like you have been busy! Am I going to recognize your car the next I see it?

Where are you running next?
grantsfo
oh yeah here is a freinds new Elise. biggrin.gif

grantsfo
QUOTE (Dman @ Jun 18 2005, 07:17 AM)
Grant, sounds like you have been busy! Am I going to recognize your car the next I see it?

Where are you running next?

Its looking pretty ghetto now. I have opted to throw everything together budget mode this year and do bodywork paint later this year.

I'll be at Marina. You should come down for a nice weekend in Monetery. Its a great AX.

user posted image
Dman
I have been wanting to go but that's a little too far for a day trip. I need to plan a weekend.

Where can I look at the season AX schedule for Marina and Alameda?
grantsfo
QUOTE (Dman @ Jun 18 2005, 07:34 AM)
I have been wanting to go but that's a little too far for a day trip. I need to plan a weekend.

Where can I look at the season AX schedule for Marina and Alameda?

http://lpr.pca.org/
http://www.pca-ggr.org/

...Sorry for the hijack Greg
Dman
Thanks Grant, sorry Greg hijacked.gif
Mueller
QUOTE (Greg Bell @ Jun 17 2005, 10:48 PM)
Hey, look at all that extra chrome, plastic and vinyl?

I'd guess that stuff cannot add too much to the overall weight of the vehicle....it's not "chrome", it's anodized aluminum smile.gif nice and lite ..........

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.