Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Where to get 73-76 50mm Crank Journals?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Stark 01
I am rebuilding a race engine from a fire, and the builder is saying he keeps getting the wrong size crank journals from his supplier even though he is ordering the correct part number.

Anyone know for sure who sells the correct Crank Journals for a 2.0L 1973-76?
Mark Henry
You have the wrong terminology, a crank journal refers to the area on the crank the rod or main bearing runs on.
He may be referring to wrong size of the journal for the bearings he has.

As far as buying a new, stock crank only thing available is used, NOS (new old stock) or chinese. I'd rather have a used STD/STD or .010/.010 german crank than a new chinese crank.

If it's a stroker crank chinese or welded is the only options. There's also billet, but they are very expensive.

You also can get rod bearing/journals sized for chevy 2", this could be what the supplier is sending, very close to 2 liter size journal but not correct, needs special bearings and rods.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
so rod and main bearings he needs in .50 ??

QUOTE(Stark 01 @ Nov 1 2018, 08:54 AM) *

I am rebuilding a race engine from a fire, and the builder is saying he keeps getting the wrong size crank journals from his supplier even though he is ordering the correct part number.

Anyone know for sure who sells the correct Crank Journals for a 2.0L 1973-76?

Stark 01
On the phone with the builder, I wrote down 50mm crank journal

You think he meant bearings? so should I be looking for 50mm bearings??
rhodyguy
50MM=1.969". What crank shaft and rods is your builder using?
Stark 01
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Nov 2 2018, 09:10 AM) *

50MM=1.969". What crank shaft and rods is your builder using?

I will get the details Monday and post....
porschetub
or perhaps find I new engine builder,all he needs to do is read the numbers on the back of the old shells ????,this will give you the correct size.
The 71mm crank was offset ground from 66mm from the factory so has smaller big end journals .
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.