Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fresh air blower box
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
shane
I’m trying to reassemble my blower box and wiper assembly. I’m having trouble with the back of the blower box hitting the wiper motor and not allowing the blower box to come up enough the make a seal on the vent grate. Is it really that tight of fit or do I have something wrong? The wiper motor rests on the back of the blower box. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.
raynekat
QUOTE(shane @ Nov 1 2018, 07:09 PM) *

I’m trying to reassemble my blower box and wiper assembly. I’m having trouble with the back of the blower box hitting the wiper motor and not allowing the blower box to come up enough the make a seal on the vent grate. Is it really that tight of fit or do I have something wrong? The wiper motor rests on the back of the blower box. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Had the same issue.
The wiper motor needs to swing backwards a bit more.
Not sure how to tell you how to do that....it just has to happen.
Push on the wiper assembly a bit and it should move or swing more towards the rear of the car,
cary
The wiper assembly attaches to the front bulkhead with a rubber buffer like this one.
It keeps it tucked back in the right location.
https://www.belmetric.com/metric-rubber-buf...fer-p-5692.html

Edit : Found this shot in The Samba
Click to view attachment
shane
QUOTE(cary @ Nov 1 2018, 09:00 PM) *

The wiper assembly attaches to the front bulkhead with a rubber buffer like this one.

Edit : Found this shot in The Samba
Click to view attachment

Thanks for the info! mine has that buffer intact and in one piece but it still needs to come back more. I must have something a little off but can’t think of anything to change but a shorter buffer. That bracket is beefy so I know it didn’t bend.
raynekat
Shane, not sure how to best explain it.
Mine did the same thing as yours....blower was hitting the wiper assembly.
My wiper assembly while loosely bolted in would rock back or pivot a little more to the rear.
You don’t have to force anything or bend something.
Loosen up the 2 big nuts on the outside of the cowl and press a bit on the lower part of the wiper assembly.
Mine pivoted back a notch when I did that.
Good luck.
bbrock
QUOTE(cary @ Nov 1 2018, 10:00 PM) *

FYI, 914Rubber makes that buffer/mount
IPB Image
shane
QUOTE(raynekat @ Nov 2 2018, 10:05 AM) *

Shane, not sure how to best explain it.
Mine did the same thing as yours....blower was hitting the wiper assembly.
My wiper assembly while loosely bolted in would rock back or pivot a little more to the rear.
You don’t have to force anything or bend something.
Loosen up the 2 big nuts on the outside of the cowl and press a bit on the lower part of the wiper assembly.
Mine pivoted back a notch when I did that.
Good luck.

Great thanks, I will give it a try like you said.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.