Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Another Engine/914-6 Reunion
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
gms
On October 8th an 914/6 engine block number 640 4792 was listed for sale in the classified ads. Unfortunately I missed this listing because as it turns out this is the numbers matching block for one of my 914/6s (914.043.1277). As luck would have it @porbmw Paul bought the engine and as soon as he found out it belonged to my car plans were made to return the block. I cannot thank Paul enough for his understanding and kindness…what a class act!!
dan10101

That's pretty awesome. Cudos to Paul for stepping up.

smilie_pokal.gif
gereed75
Way to go Paul!
SirAndy
smilie_pokal.gif beerchug.gif
sb914
The stars were aligned! smilie_pokal.gif
pete000
Wish I could find my orig block. I have a feeling it ended up in a dumpster near Laguna Secca...
porschetub
QUOTE(pete000 @ Nov 4 2018, 06:53 PM) *

Wish I could find my orig block. I have a feeling it ended up in a dumpster near Laguna Secca...

Great story,good to see when this happens,pete000 hang in there it may happen,funny how there has been a lot of 914/6 motors popping up lately.
Unobtanium-inc
This is why I do a yearly engine inventory and post it on-line, about once a year I re-unite a car with it's original engine, it's a great feeling. Sometimes the car is a world away.

https://unobtaniuminc.wordpress.com/2009/07...-feels-so-good/
Tom_T
QUOTE(dan10101 @ Nov 3 2018, 06:52 PM) *

That's pretty awesome. Cudos to Paul for stepping up.

smilie_pokal.gif

Ditto Paul! smilie_pokal.gif

beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
Dave_Darling
QUOTE(pete000 @ Nov 3 2018, 09:53 PM) *

???? I thought your car was a conversion, and that you were the one who converted it?

--DD
Lucky9146
QUOTE(gms @ Nov 3 2018, 05:29 PM) *

On October 8th an 914/6 engine block number 640 4792 was listed for sale in the classified ads. Unfortunately I missed this listing because as it turns out this is the numbers matching block for one of my 914/6s (914.043.1277). As luck would have it @porbmw Paul bought the engine and as soon as he found out it belonged to my car plans were made to return the block. I cannot thank Paul enough for his understanding and kindness…what a class act!!

That is an amazingly cool story, and I can say from dealings with Paul, he is in fact a class act. beerchug.gif

driving.gif white914.jpg
porbmw
It was a no-brainer beerchug.gif
SO glad it worked out beer.gif
whitetwinturbo
............what a pure class act
pray.gif pray.gif pray.gif
porbmw
Since we are on the topic of reuniting engines with chassis......

I own chassis 1945

It came to me without its' engine....

I SHOULD have gotten a COA while Porsche was still listing engine numbers in the COAs....my bad for procrastinating

BUT

If anyone has any info on "the car"...previous history/owner/etc...so I can reach out and try to get the engine number...or...if you happen to know of the engine's location.... blink.gif

I bought the car perhaps 10 or so years ago, from Steve Demosthenes (sp..?...he owned Route 66 in Oregon but unfortunately apparently passed away not long ago).
I have info from another source showing it was for sale in the 90's, with little success..it was advertised as silver, with engine etc...rust free but body on the rough side.

The "story" I got from Steve on the car was that someone bought it, started to do a GT tribute...had a shop put on steel flares and body work, took it to a shop for other repairs and the engine/tranny and other bits "disappeared", and the PO gave up on the project and sold it to Steve....and I acquired it.

Anyway...if there is info out there, would be very appreciated.

Thanks
Paul
rick 918-S
Great work team! beerchug.gif aktion035.gif
carr914
first.gif
jos.hall
QUOTE(porbmw @ Nov 5 2018, 02:59 AM) *

Since we are on the topic of reuniting engines with chassis......

I own chassis 1945

It came to me without its' engine....

I SHOULD have gotten a COA while Porsche was still listing engine numbers in the COAs....my bad for procrastinating

BUT

If anyone has any info on "the car"...previous history/owner/etc...so I can reach out and try to get the engine number...or...if you happen to know of the engine's location.... blink.gif

I bought the car perhaps 10 or so years ago, from Steve Demosthenes (sp..?...he owned Route 66 in Oregon but unfortunately apparently passed away not long ago).
I have info from another source showing it was for sale in the 90's, with little success..it was advertised as silver, with engine etc...rust free but body on the rough side.

The "story" I got from Steve on the car was that someone bought it, started to do a GT tribute...had a shop put on steel flares and body work, took it to a shop for other repairs and the engine/tranny and other bits "disappeared", and the PO gave up on the project and sold it to Steve....and I acquired it.

Anyway...if there is info out there, would be very appreciated.

Thanks
Paul

Newb question but being a 1970, would you be able to get a Kardex? Did they do Kardexes for 914s? I know Kouwenhoven can only get them for 911s up to 1969 but they exist for after that.
davep
I have never seen a Kardex for a 914. Very few 1970 Kardex for 911 exist. I also get Kardex for the 356, 911, 912 and some race cars at a good price.
sixnotfour
3 that need a home
sixnotfour
here is a ballpark chart
http://p914-6info.net/Engine_Numbers.htm
sixnotfour
5749-Mosier,Ore. for sale,2500.00 S spec,3.14.13
porbmw
Thanks
The best info I have so far, from Glenn, is that I am looking for 6405200, +/- 60 beerchug.gif
burton73
I could use 6404016 for number 41

Thanks for your time.

Get out and VOTE today people

Thank you,

Bob B Burton bye1.gif
Unobtanium-inc
I have 6405318 if anyone needs it, it's my last 914-6 motor.
ValcoOscar
So if I'm correct, I'm looking for an engine number within this range #6405600 - #6405800
For my original 1970 914-6 9140432650

I need to get exact number though....

type.gif

Oscar
rgalla9146
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Nov 5 2018, 04:27 PM) *

Congratulations Glenn and a great gesture Paul.
Thank you both for posting.

I wonder if a 914 6 marching number transmission chart might be possible ?
I am familiar with at least three cars that look to have their originals.
914 043 1108 has trans # 750 1118
914 043 2567 " " # 750 2575
914 043 2130 " " # 750 2114
These three suggest the transmission numbers run within twenty digits before
the VIN
Anyone ?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.