Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB: 901 Gear Sets
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
GregAmy
As stated above, looking for some 901 gear sets. I'm primarily looking for I, O, and ZA but open to other similar. I've seen them on various forums and eBay for sale, prices all over the place; but this is a budget track build so price talks.

And if you want to talk revs, this is for a mild build Improved Touring-level race car. 2L, prob less than 150 crank, torque range from around 4800 to a 6500 redline, already running the 6:29 final drive. With a warned-over engine and the stock gears I'm seeing 105mph at Thompson, and 110 at both NJMP Thunderbolt and Lime Rock. Longer tracks I might see in 2019 are WGI and VIR, so I figure I gear it for 120mph at 6500 RPM at the top end, then cluster them up from there.

Had beer with Chris Foley on Saturday and A, I, O, V, ZA is a leading candidate; maybe substitute a U for the V if I can find one at a bargain price. Chris can mod the 901 shaft to accept an I gear.

Lemme know whatcha got hanging around!
johnhora
Greg,

I have a matched "O" 901 set from a 911 transmission.

PM for pricing.

Thanks

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
GregAmy
I'm good for now. With some judicious sleuthing I'm going with A, HB, N, U, ZA on a 6:29 final drive, 205/50-15 tires.

For reference, there's a lot of folks out there selling gears, but a lot of them are overpriced. The general range is ~$300 (the HB I found at Aase Sales) all the way up to $800. But patience and some eBay searches netted three gearsets (U/S, W/Q, M/ZA) for $299 shipped.

And for the 3-4-5 gears, don't forget many of them swap to good ratios.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.