Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sold - 914-4 brake caliper cores
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
mepstein
914-4 brake caliper cores I’m pretty sure these are for mid year and later cars. Rears should fit all 914’s. $100 + 15 ship. Email - mark@markepstein.net to purchase.
mepstein
price reduced - $80 +15 ship.
Toolboy32
QUOTE(mepstein @ Nov 8 2018, 01:36 PM) *

price reduced - $80 +15 ship.

Quick question. How do you ship them for only $15? I paid four times that to send mine to PMB.
I seem to constantly be getting screwed on shipping. Even though I cross shop UPS and USPS all the time.
913B
Google USPS flat rate shipping box
Toolboy32
QUOTE(913B @ Nov 8 2018, 03:29 PM) *

I did not see a single box that could fit all four calipers in.
With buying two boxes and paying the $15 per box...It was pushing $45.

Maybe there were larger boxes available, but I had already spent an hour bagging and double boxing them....So I spent the money.
mepstein
I use a medium size usps flat rate box - $15 I don’t double box cores. I just pack them in and tape the hell out of the box. Works for me. I use a FedEx acct to ship large items and commercial trucks for engines, trans and cars.
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE(Toolboy32 @ Nov 8 2018, 02:37 PM) *

Maybe there were larger boxes available, but I had already spent an hour bagging and double boxing them....So I spent the money.

Go on the USPS website and look for the regional rate (A & B) boxes. You can not get them at the post office, you must order them on line, they are free. Rates are cheaper than regular priority mail boxes for packages over 2# You will still have to send two sperate boxes, but cheaper that sending a larger box holding all 4 calipers.

Also print your shipping labels on line from the USPS website as you do get a little discount for doing that.

Sorry for the thread hi-Jack Mark. w00t.gif

GLWS beerchug.gif

icon_bump.gif for Mark beer.gif
mepstein
Less than $100 for all four calipers - shipped.
Mikey914
I'll take them just ping me with the paypal you want sent to.
Mark
mepstein
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Nov 10 2018, 01:41 PM) *

I'll take them just ping me with the paypal you want sent to.
Mark

You got it.
partwerks
QUOTE(GaroldShaffer @ Nov 8 2018, 08:05 PM) *

QUOTE(Toolboy32 @ Nov 8 2018, 02:37 PM) *

Go on the USPS website and look for the regional rate (A & B) boxes. You can not get them at the post office, you must order them on line, they are free. Rates are cheaper than regular priority mail boxes for packages over 2# You will still have to send two sperate boxes, but cheaper that sending a larger box holding all 4 calipers.

Also print your shipping labels on line from the USPS website as you do get a little discount for doing that.

Sorry for the thread hi-Jack Mark. w00t.gif

GLWS beerchug.gif

icon_bump.gif for Mark beer.gif

On that regional A & B rate. Will those ship to the same destinations, just like the other priority mail boxes do??

Also, are they the same as the flat rate boxes?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.