Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: License Plate mounting
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
My 914
Does anyone know of a product such as 2 way adhesive that can be used to attach a rear license plate without drilling holes?
jim_hoyland
Industrial Velcro- sold at Home Depot and Ace HW stores....
douglastic
you can buy rubberized magnetic bars, with mounting holes - made just for this purpose on amazon

no experience with them, but the idea is solid
DRPHIL914
assuming your bumper has the typical hole dimension i would say to mount a us plate i got a universal one off ebay that has proper spacing to mount holder to bumper and then 4 small screws to hold license plate to holder. if you dont have any holes at all then i guess the 2 suggestions given above will work too
theer
3M automotive trim adhesive tape (double-sided) comes in various widths and sticks incredibly well. It is intended to be "permanent", though.
JmuRiz
QUOTE(DRPHIL914 @ Nov 7 2018, 09:58 AM) *

assuming your bumper has the typical hole dimension i would say to mount a us plate i got a universal one off ebay that has proper spacing to mount holder to bumper and then 4 small screws to hold license plate to holder. if you dont have any holes at all then i guess the 2 suggestions given above will work too

agree.gif
What does your bumper look like,? They all had holes for mounting a plate, front and back, from the factory.
VegasRacer
Tow hook license plate mount. No drilling required, just screw it in. Click to view attachment
My 914
QUOTE(JmuRiz @ Nov 7 2018, 04:57 PM) *

QUOTE(DRPHIL914 @ Nov 7 2018, 09:58 AM) *

agree.gif
What does your bumper look like,? They all had holes for mounting a plate, front and back, from the factory.

The bumper is being fabricated locally and has a smooth surface. I don't have a photo but was hoping to have it retain an undrilled look in case I take pictures of it without a license plate or frame in place. I appreciate the ideas and suggestions.
bandjoey
Add the holes and have chrome plugs for picture time. Or fabricate a fixed welded on nut behind the bumper to attach the plate holder. Like a trailer hitch.
I'm not an artist either.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.