Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rare Shades 2: PEC Atlanta 11/17 @ 9:00AM
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
horizontally-opposed
000 Magazine and @ptsrs invite you to join us for a cup of coffee and conversation at Rare Shades 2 on Saturday, 11/17/2018 at the Porsche Experience Center Atlanta.

000 editors Pete Stout and Alex Palevsky will be on hand with Will Lee of PTSRS. Attendance is free, but all visitors do need to register due to the PEC's proximity to the Atlanta airport. For those who wish to display a Porsche in PTS or an unusual color in the display area, there is a nominal fee-but a goodie bag with 000 gear should more than make up for that. Registration is open at: https://www.000magazine.com/rare-shades

You can learn a bit more about Rare Shades here, or by searching Rennlist:
http://www.speedhunters.com/2018/08/rare-s...h-000-magazine/

Hope to see you there!
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(horizontally-opposed @ Nov 7 2018, 12:51 PM) *

000 Magazine and @ptsrs invite you to join us for a cup of coffee and conversation at Rare Shades 2 on Saturday, 11/17/2018 at the Porsche Experience Center Atlanta.

000 editors Pete Stout and Alex Palevsky will be on hand with Will Lee of PTSRS. Attendance is free, but all visitors do need to register due to the PEC's proximity to the Atlanta airport. For those who wish to display a Porsche in PTS or an unusual color in the display area, there is a nominal fee-but a goodie bag with 000 gear should more than make up for that. Registration is open at: https://www.000magazine.com/rare-shades

You can learn a bit more about Rare Shades here, or by searching Rennlist:
http://www.speedhunters.com/2018/08/rare-s...h-000-magazine/

Hope to see you there!

wow cool ! I will be in Atlanta that weekend, for a Seminar the day before. How would you like to have a newly painted Copper metallic car??

even if we cant work that out I really would like to come and meet you as well and see whats on display but I would be willing to work it out to bring up my car from Hilton Head Island SC 5 hours away
DRPHIL914
I have registered - If my vehicle is accepted, I would like to discuss logistics of having the car there, and if its possible to bring the car there a day or 2 before the event since I will be arriving on Friday night and tied up with a conference the day before. if id doesn't work out I will come as a spectator.

DRPHIL914
QUOTE(DRPHIL914 @ Nov 7 2018, 01:45 PM) *

I have registered - If my vehicle is accepted, I would like to discuss logistics of having the car there, and if its possible to bring the car there a day or 2 before the event since I will be arriving on Friday night and tied up with a conference the day before. if id doesn't work out I will come as a spectator.

got my dates mixed up, this is the same date as the conference I am going to, but maybe I can miss a couple hours on Saturday morning lol- wife is not too excited about that so I might have to cancel my registration mad.gif sad.gif dry.gif
Optimusglen
Wish I could make it, I'm sure it'll be a blast.
horizontally-opposed
QUOTE(DRPHIL914 @ Nov 7 2018, 12:06 PM) *

got my dates mixed up, this is the same date as the conference I am going to, but maybe I can miss a couple hours on Saturday morning lol- wife is not too excited about that so I might have to cancel my registration mad.gif sad.gif dry.gif

Would love to see you and your 914 there. smile.gif

And: Great color! There used to be a Copper/white 914 here in the Bay Area. Super unusual and always drew interest at gatherings. Dead stock, and charming that way.
VegasRacer
Fantastic graphics on the poster. first.gif
Jamie
QUOTE(horizontally-opposed @ Nov 7 2018, 02:09 PM) *

QUOTE(DRPHIL914 @ Nov 7 2018, 12:06 PM) *

Would love to see you and your 914 there. smile.gif

And: Great color! There used to be a Copper/white 914 here in the Bay Area. Super unusual and always drew interest at gatherings. Dead stock, and charming that way.

I wish it wasn't a 7 hr. drive Pete, or I would have entered my Delphi Green Metallic original 914. driving.gif
horizontally-opposed
QUOTE(VegasRacer @ Nov 7 2018, 03:24 PM) *

Fantastic graphics on the poster. first.gif

Many thanks!

Designed by Justin Page, formerly my childhood next-door neighbor (we fell out of touch for 30 years) who went on to design show posters for Bill Graham Presents before Playboy called, wanting someone who could do layouts to go up against Vanity Fair and The Atlantic...

QUOTE(Jamie @ Nov 7 2018, 06:40 PM) *

I wish it wasn't a 7 hr. drive Pete, or I would have entered my Delphi Green Metallic original 914. driving.gif

Bring it. chowtime.gif
billsimmeth
Hey Pete, where does tangerine on a real -6 fit in the definition of 'rare shades'? In period it doesn't seem to me to be very rare, but driving the roads today, I light up the boulevard!
horizontally-opposed
QUOTE(billsimmeth @ Nov 8 2018, 05:44 AM) *

Hey Pete, where does tangerine on a real -6 fit in the definition of 'rare shades'? In period it doesn't seem to me to be very rare, but driving the roads today, I light up the boulevard!

I'd be shocked if it isn't accepted, and can pull for you if it is.

People really want to see the period colors, and Tangerine is definitely one of them. Frankly, that goes for most 914 colors. Gemini, Blue Metallic, any of the oranges, any of the reds, any yellows, any greens, and of the alternates. So I'd say it's a shoe-in.

Would love to see your car there!

beerchug.gif

pete
billsimmeth
QUOTE(horizontally-opposed @ Nov 8 2018, 10:03 AM) *

I'd be shocked if it isn't accepted, and can pull for you if it is.

Would love to see your car there!

Cool. shades.gif I'll see if I can make it so.
MATTYLITE
Pete,

Will there ever be one of these on the west coast / PECLA?
horizontally-opposed
QUOTE(MATTYLITE @ Nov 8 2018, 06:26 PM) *

Pete,

Will there ever be one of these on the west coast / PECLA?

We've already done one during the Monterey Car Week, and there is discussion about heading to LA for one.... smile.gif
horizontally-opposed
Looks like 500 people have now registered to come for coffee. shades.gif

So it's last call this community—anyone who'd like to display their 914 in a cool factory color (original paint or original color) at Porsche's HQ, please apply as soon as you can at:
https://www.000magazine.com/rare-shades

Displaying a car is $35 and includes some 000 swag. Attending is free, but everyone has to register due to the proximity to the ATL airport.

Best,

pete
DRPHIL914
So, Anyone else from the forum here coming? I am still planning on going but I will have to leave early to get back to my conference that is up in Buckhead.
I also am not sure if I want to leave my car in the hotel Parking lot over night Friday night. (Buckhead Embasy Suites)
anyone have any ideas of a safe place to put it? we are driving up in 2 cars, it would be nice if I could leave the car Friday night at PCNA location.

anyway hope to see some of you there, its going to be chilly!
db9146
I registered earlier today but silver doesn't qualify so I'll be there as a 'tator.
horizontally-opposed
QUOTE(db9146 @ Nov 15 2018, 08:13 PM) *

I registered earlier today but silver doesn't qualify so I'll be there as a 'tator.

Still looking forward to seeing you, and please track me down and say hello! smilie_pokal.gif

pete
Optimusglen
Would be rad to have one in L.A in mid January, haha. Only because I'll be there on a trip and I'm doubtful you guys will ever do one in the midwest.
Ferg
This is going to be really neat.

Please post lots of pics
horizontally-opposed
QUOTE(Optimusglen @ Nov 16 2018, 08:45 AM) *

Would be rad to have one in L.A in mid January, haha. Only because I'll be there on a trip and I'm doubtful you guys will ever do one in the midwest.

Never say never, and RS3 is already in talks, probably for LA…
DRPHIL914
I am going to make it in the side of the driver of the trailer I’m on my way right now see you in the morning
DRPHIL914
here!
daytona
Wow, that seems like a great idea for a fantastic colorful display of Porsches. Can someone get me a poster if there is one? Of course I'll pay for the postage.
Wish I would have known before about this gathering. I would have driven from from Daytona to see it.
Bill.
billh1963
Looking good, Phil!

Is the front end of your car high or is it the tires making it look that way?
DRPHIL914
its very slight maybe a 1/4” higher in front , but due to body lines and tyres ithere is a visual effect that fools the eye to think its more than it is.
i need to raise my rear shocks set to one ring higher and it should be perfect. if i lower front i will have to do full realignment.

here are a frw more pictures from today
DRPHIL914
go Irish!
DRPHIL914
more green
DRPHIL914
more
DRPHIL914
ive got the blues!
DRPHIL914
seeing red!
DRPHIL914
Golden eye
ValcoOscar
Nice photos...keep'm coming.

Terrific color palette of P cars.

rolleyes.gif popcorn[1].gif smile.gif biggrin.gif sunglasses.gif

Oscar
DRPHIL914
more
DRPHIL914
yellow!
DRPHIL914
whites
DRPHIL914
original /6! was nice to meet you hope you make the Okteenerfest next time!
DRPHIL914
and these are another animal altogether-
billsimmeth
QUOTE(DRPHIL914 @ Nov 17 2018, 01:01 PM) *

original /6! was nice to meet you hope you make the Okteenerfest next time!

Nice to meet you too Phil. Hope to see you and your lovely car again!
horizontally-opposed
Thanks everyone for coming out! smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif

It was great to meet you, and to speak with you—and a lot of fun to see colorful 914s on the parking deck of PCNA's HQ. wub.gif
DRPHIL914
Pete, thanks for putting on a great outing!
When and were will we see some of your pictures of the cars ? are they posted on another site somewhere? I don't see them on the 000 site, I had to leave at 10:30 so I hope I didn't miss out on anything!
- one observation was that I didn't see one 356 or one 912. I suppose they didn't have as much variety as we had in the '70's and beyond?
Looking forward to seeing the pictures ,

Phil
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.