Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hey DRPHIL914
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Jamie
.... for the original purchase of your car, and my 914 came from the same dealer in Dublin Ohio. Small world! beerchug.gif
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(Jamie @ Nov 9 2018, 11:27 AM) *

.... for the original purchase of your car, and my 914 came from the same dealer in Dublin Ohio. Small world! beerchug.gif

Cool! yes my car was bought from that dealer. The car was in Ohio and Indiana for the first 5 or so years of its life, under first 2 owners, then went to SoCal, not sure how but next 2 owners were marines that had the car in 29Palms CA, and a major Nivens brought it to Camp LeJerne NC, where it sat for almost 2 years. A marine patient of mine told me about it and gave me the number of Chris Banus, who had the car in his driveway. Chris had 2 914s already and was considering keeping this one, had agreed to help the major and thought about keeping it . Chris was very active 10 years ago on the Club site and here, but after a rear end accideint on 95 near DC totaled his '73 blue car he got rid of both and sold his 928S too and totally got out of Porsche ownership. anyway I got the car from him not running.

Interesting history, but the car had really bad rear floor pan rust on driver side and rear long and jack points were also super bad but I didn't know squat about that stuff lol! I can tell you that my hell hole on both sides were/are rust free! so it rusted out from bottom up I guess. Chris Foley repaired all that for me 2 years ago.

Did your car stay in the mid west for long? what was its history? How long have you had it? Is that dealership still in existence?

Phil
Jamie
QUOTE(DRPHIL914 @ Nov 9 2018, 11:41 AM) *

QUOTE(Jamie @ Nov 9 2018, 11:27 AM) *

Cool! yes my car was bought from that dealer. The car was in Ohio and Indiana for the first 5 or so years of its life, under first 2 owners, then went to SoCal, not sure how but next 2 owners were marines that had the car in 29Palms CA, and a major Nivens brought it to Camp LeJerne NC, where it sat for almost 2 years. A marine patient of mine told me about it and gave me the number of Chris Banus, who had the car in his driveway. Chris had 2 914s already and was considering keeping this one, had agreed to help the major and thought about keeping it . Chris was very active 10 years ago on the Club site and here, but after a rear end accideint on 95 near DC totaled his '73 blue car he got rid of both and sold his 928S too and totally got out of Porsche ownership. anyway I got the car from him not running.

Interesting history, but the car had really bad rear floor pan rust on driver side and rear long and jack points were also super bad but I didn't know squat about that stuff lol! I can tell you that my hell hole on both sides were/are rust free! so it rusted out from bottom up I guess. Chris Foley repaired all that for me 2 years ago.

Did your car stay in the mid west for long? what was its history? How long have you had it? Is that dealership still in existence?

Phil

I don't know anything about the dealer now, but my Father was the original buyer in 73 and I am the second owner. I paid him $1 in 2002 and moved the car from Ohio to my home in Kentucky. We saw each others cars recently at Okteenerfest, and I enjoyed several short conversations we had there. I read through your post about the evolution of your car, and congratulate you on the successful conclusion of the process of restoration. I am fortunate that my teener was never subjected to the salty roads of OH, and that's why I named her "Dad's Mistress." I am blessed that she is a rust free survivor, and still has original factory Delphi Green paint on the battery tray! My legacy is to maintain her in driving condition and I have made a few upgrades for that reason.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.