Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS: 1.7 efi parts
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
1970-1914
I have a couple of bins of parts that came with my car - I believe they are all 1.7 related FI stuff. As I am switching to a 283 I don’t need any of it.

2 computers with harnesses attached - $100 each or $150 for both shipped in conus/Canada
Click to view attachment

Manifold pressure sensor $75 shipped in ConUS/Canada
Click to view attachment

Oil bath air cleaner - $40 + shipping

A bunch of other parts.

Open to offers or "buy it all" type of deal.
1970-1914
Both ecu’s have this part number on them.
Click to view attachment
JamesM
does the pressure sensor hold vacuum? If so ill take it.
1970-1914
QUOTE(JamesM @ Nov 10 2018, 12:03 AM) *

How do I test it?
1970-1914
“Bunch-o-parts” FI parts lot. $75 plus shipping.

Click to view attachment

I believe this is an engine harness. A couple of wires are marked coil + and -

$50 shipped ConUS/Canada
Click to view attachment
JamesM
QUOTE(1970-1914 @ Nov 10 2018, 09:37 AM) *

QUOTE(JamesM @ Nov 10 2018, 12:03 AM) *

How do I test it?

Instructions here

https://members.rennlist.com/pbanders/manif...sure_sensor.htm

"
MPS Diagnostics
Before proceeding on any calibration or adjustments of the MPS, it is essential to check the basic operation of the unit:

Using a hand vacuum pump with a gauge (e.g., Actron model from Checker, about $30), pull a vacuum of 10 in. Hg on the sensing port of the MPS. If a vacuum cannot be pulled or it leaks down (< 5 in. Hg in one minute), then the sensor is leaky and must be repaired.

If the vacuum test is passed, check the coil resistances. The primary coil is measured between terminals 7 and 15 and should measure about 90 ohms. The secondary coil is measured between terminals 8 and 10 and should measure about 350 ohms. Also check the coil isolation - there should be no continuity between either of the coils and the case. If any faults are detected the MPS is defective and must be replaced.
If both tests above are passed, then the MPS should be in good condition. However, it is possible that one or both of the aneroid cells have failed and are no longer sealed. This failure causes a rich part-load and idle mixture. Testing for a failed aneroid cell requires measurement of the inductance vs. vacuum characteristic of the MPS. The recommended inductance meter for this test is the Wavetek LCR55 (~$175) . The slope of the part-load characteristic is compared to the calibration curves presented in this document. If the slope is significantly (~50%) less than the calibration curve, then it is likely that one of the cells has failed.
"
1970-1914
Thanks for the info but I don’t think it makes sense to go and buy a $30 (or more) vacuum gauge and inductance meter for $175 to test a part that is $75 including shipping. I can tell you that the part looks pretty clean and when I bought the car the guy seemed to be pretty meticulous about keeping all the parts together in labeled bins.
mtndawg
I’ve had a couple of MPS’s that looked perfect but couldn’t hold vacuum so they were pretty much useless (I gave those away to someone who was trying to rebuild them). If tested and the part works correctly someone will buy it.
1970-1914
Maybe I’ll ask around at work and see if anyone has a vacuum tester.
1970-1914
Ok - new price - everything posted above for $200.
Mikey914
Ok I'll take em
1970-1914
Sold - Thanks Mark.

QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Nov 26 2018, 12:08 PM) *

Ok I'll take em

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.