Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS: Original 901 Shift Knob
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
Mike Fitton
Very nice knob with all of its silver shift pattern, no crazing or cracks in the bakelite. Really nice for an original part. Price is $135 shipped in the USA.

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Mike Fitton
Shift Knob has been sold.
andreic
Since we're talking about this shift knob -- what holds it onto the metal part of the shifter? My knob looks exactly like the one in the picture, and has a ribbed metal sleeve inside. Until yesterday it was held fast somehow onto the shifter. But I pulled a bit harder on it and it came off, and now I don't see how to put it back on: just the metal sleeve is too loose if I put it inside the knob and try to slide it onto the metal part of the shifter. Is there another part that came flying off and I did not notice?
BeatNavy
QUOTE(andreic @ Nov 12 2018, 12:31 AM) *

Since we're talking about this shift knob -- what holds it onto the metal part of the shifter? My knob looks exactly like the one in the picture, and has a ribbed metal sleeve inside. Until yesterday it was held fast somehow onto the shifter. But I pulled a bit harder on it and it came off, and now I don't see how to put it back on: just the metal sleeve is too loose if I put it inside the knob and try to slide it onto the metal part of the shifter. Is there another part that came flying off and I did not notice?

You need a new metal sleeve or "crush" gasket: https://shop.914rubber.com/searchquick-subm...?keywords=crush

I just had to do this recently. Knob stays on but it can spin a little bit. Sometimes people use other means (e.g., duct tape, etc.) to keep it securely attached.
rgalla9146
Try this.
Put the crush sleeve half way onto the shift lever then put the knob
onto the sleeve and push knob straight on. It should become tight as it bottoms.
The sleeve has to seat properly into the deep tighter recess of the knob.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.