Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Don't over think it try the simple things first
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
struckn
With the cooler weather I felt like the 1.8 four with Carb was running rough and there was hesitation applying full throttle. Time for a tune up was my first conclusion.
But before committing to a tune up I pulled the air filter off and sprayed some carb cleaner into the carb. I notice a brownish coating inside the carb and the cleaner washed it out. No need to go any further, it was a $2 fix.
saigon71
QUOTE(struckn @ Nov 11 2018, 03:45 PM) *

With the cooler weather I felt like the 1.8 four with Carb was running rough and there was hesitation applying full throttle. Time for a tune up was my first conclusion.
But before committing to a tune up I pulled the air filter off and sprayed some carb cleaner into the carb. I notice a brownish coating inside the carb and the cleaner washed it out. No need to go any further, it was a $2 fix.

I love easy fixes!
76-914
I do too. Unfortunately for me they always happen on someone else’s car. headbang.gif
Tdskip
QUOTE(76-914 @ Nov 12 2018, 03:31 PM) *

I do too. Unfortunately for me they always happen on someone else’s car. headbang.gif

LOL.

Glad it was a simple fix.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.