Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 5 lug rear kit
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
IronHillRestorations
5 lug rear kit. Includes re-drilled hubs, 10 Verbus wheel studs, NOS (Spain) SKF wheel bearings, NOS Sebro rotors, and 4 rotor screws.

$412 shipped to your continental US address via USPS Priority Mail in 2 large flat rate boxes (rotors are out of the original box to save space), payment via money order or personal check. I'll take PayPal if you want to pay the fee or send friends & family.

Pictures to come
sixnotfour
914-6 rotors ?
IronHillRestorations
Yes
rgalla9146
Early hubs with stud bosses ?
IronHillRestorations
Click to view attachment

The rotors had some surface rust from sitting in the cardboard box for years, which I cleaned up with a green bristle disc.
IronHillRestorations
QUOTE(rgalla9146 @ Nov 13 2018, 12:36 PM) *

Early hubs with stud bosses ?

Later 4 lug hubs. The difference in thickness between stock 914-6 hubs and these at the stud boss is .025. In over 25 years of my experience with re-drilled 4 hubs, and to my knowledge there's never been a reported failure.

Dave Shepard (RIP my friend), Rich Johnson and I had an extended conversation over this, and they changed my (stubborn) opinion. Between the two of them they had sold hundreds of re-drilled hubs without an issue. It's the clamping force of the stud and the lug nut that bears the load, which is why .025 is inconsequential. If you were hanging your wheels by only one wheel stud, it could be a problem.
IronHillRestorations
Bump! This is still a good deal! smile.gif
IronHillRestorations
Christmas BuMp!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.