Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Weber’s to PMOs
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
cal914
I’m have my Weber’s taken off and replaced with PMOs on my 2.2 6 cylinder there seemed to be a hesitation with the Weber’s hoping to correct this with the PMOs and add a bit more HP
Thanks B
IronHillRestorations
If they have the same jet and venturi package, there shouldn't be a noticeable difference in power.
porschetub
Depends what the vents and jets were in the Webers,upsizing the vents and jetting from stock is supposed to make some more power,I don't know the spec of the PMO's right out of the box.
Word on Pelican is they are smoother,besides you are replacing new for old,there will be some "lost"power to be found for sure.
Good luck.
brant
if you buy the PMO's new and direct
they will likely be sold to you with the correct jetting and venturi's
you may feel improvement on your hesitation... it may run better if it was a jetting issue causing the hesitation

or you could spend less money and just use the same jets and venturi's on your current carbs for the exact same outcome.

sounds like it would be worth the fee to have a shop with a dyno tune your existing carbs and do some jetting work

probably MUCH less expensive than buying PMO's
Mark Henry
No difference on HP.
Only exception would be a motor that would run better on 46mm and you are stepping up to 46mm.
sixnotfour
sounds like it would be worth the fee to have a shop with a dyno tune your existing carbs and do some jetting work

probably MUCH less expensive than buying PMO's

agree.gif
gereed75
If the Webers are in need of a complete rebuild, I wonder if going new PMO's would be a similar price.

If not, properly jetted Weber vs properly jetted PMO's should be pretty much indiscernible.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.