Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: seat question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
scotty914
has anybody looked at the honda del sol seats

i had one parked right behind me last night, and i was looking at the seats, they have side bolsters that are a nice size for a touring seat. they also look like they are low enough to fit well, with out being too wide.

the seats look comfy wub.gif
scotty914
here is a pic from an ebay car

and here is a seat of monza seats on ebay for
cheap
scotty914
another clearer pic from another car

redshift
huh.gif ...they look like Kotex designed the covering... for some reason.

M
Joe Bob
Not hard to re-do a 914 seat with side bolsters...plus it will fit and look like it was designed for it....like that matters.... cool_shades.gif

Scccooooobeyyyyy, ROOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
scotty914
your right mike, like i would not make a new back pad to fit what ever seat i put in there. which i have a plan to do anyway, when and if i ever get different seats. till then i will stick with my perfect unmolested backpad and my unsupportive way less than perfect seats.

if i find other seats i would recover them with plaid cloth and vinyl anyway, my car is a 75 and i like the plaid seat look

edit: and the scooby does fit and it looks like it was designed to go there
9144guy
go to rennsporttulsa.com and see the seats
Joe Bob
Dude...no diss inteneded on the 'roo....

All I;m saying is, if ya find a gud CHEAP and GUD upholstery guy...HE can build you a killer seat at 1/2 the cost of a crappy Honda Del Sol Seat.

I send people to my seat guy and I amd astonished at how much he charges them and what he charges ME....he likes me for some reason....

Paint and upholstery guys are an intimate relationship....kinda like Miles and Eric with the goats..... cool_shades.gif
redshift
mad.gif

unsure.gif

sheeplove.gif
scotty914
mike i am not dis agreeing that redoing seats cant be done, and i am not saying that it cant be done cheap. what i am saying is a redone 914 seat is still a redone 914 seat and i want some thing that will hold me in place a little better and is a little more comfy. remember i just put 6500 miles on a 914 in 3 weeks ( 2700 miles in 4 days ) .

i know i could put racing seats in to hold me inplace better but you need to remember racing seats go for 150 to 500 a seat, and i can probably get delsol seats for 50 to 100 a piece, and recover them my self for 20 or so each to match a 914 upolsterury ( sp ) . another problem with racing seats is comfort is not what they are made for, yes some are some what comfy. also teri is not a size 6 so she could not nesessaraly fit in a racing seat. then you get in to the whole thing about getting in and out of a 914 with racing seats.

and i dont race my car it is a driver, i put 30 k on my car in 18 months before i started the swap. we all know i am not a purist, i am going for long term comfort and more support and if the delsol seats fit and are comfy then thats what i will put in.
sanglee007
QUOTE (scott thacher @ Jun 18 2005, 10:27 PM)
i can probably get delsol seats for 50 to 100 a piece

Nope.

Del Sol seats range from 150-300+

They are coveted in the Honda world as they bolt into almost any honda after 1992 and lower your seating position while providing better support than crappy civic seats.

Like almost every honda seat after 1992, they are side mounted on some funky brackets. To put them into the 914 you'll end up cutting the bottom half of the brackets off and then welding the 914 rails to a crossover piece. It'll bring you up 2+ inches, and won't sit right in the 914. 914 seats are way way low, and while del sol seats are low for a honda, they're not 914 low.

Sang 92/Civic Hatchback + Del Sol seats
scotty914
well thanks Sang for the input, but my pick and pull sells seat for 75 bucks does not matter what they are from. and i have a honda/subaru dismantler not far from me who only pull the motors, then the car sits. i know they have several delsols that are complete with no motor. i also knowo them and get good deals from them. when i first got into the suby thing they gave me a complete body harness for free.

i dont now how they will fit but hopefully i can test fit some with out buying them
Joe Ricard
Wasn't it once said you can't put Subaru motor in a 914?
So prove them wrong again.
Allan
I like the seats... If I could find something that fit well, I would make the adjustments!!! It's all in the approach.

If they fit and if they look good, who gives a shit???
CptTripps
QUOTE (Headrage @ Jun 19 2005, 08:02 PM)
If they fit and if they look good, who gives a shit???

: agree: (I seem to be starting a lot of my posts this way as of late.)

If they grab your butt, and fit...go for it!

Heck, I'd be interested in a set of those for mine if they work out.

Here is a SET for about $100...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...&category=33701
Brando
hey Scott...
all the nay-sayers said the same about my 911 SC seats tongue.gif

They fit and worked great. I just didn't like 'em for A-X so they came out. Or, the driver's side at least.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.