Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Locking driver's side door
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
partwerks
When locking the driver's side door, and holding the flap to close the door, it just bounces back and doesn't lock, and so wondering where the problem is?
Chi-town
I thought you had to close door, lock with key?
partwerks
PS you always had to lock it, and slam the door shut. End of story, but as I recall the DS you locked it, and then held the flap till it closed, but in this case the body shop must have botched something up?
seanery
hmm, i thought it was always with a key, too
sb914
Check the door jam receiver part. Sometimes the lever is in wrong position.
Used to happen to my vw bug.
sb914
And You don't need key to lock door !
TheCabinetmaker
Seriously guys? screwy.gif You must lock the drivers door with a key. It's not broke! It's made that way, so you don't lock your keys in the car!!
sb914
QUOTE(TheCabinetmaker @ Nov 14 2018, 07:03 AM) *

Seriously guys? screwy.gif You must lock the drivers door with a key. It's not broke! It's made that way, so you don't lock your keys in the car!!

Really ? Go try it. I lock my door Without key every time. confused24.gif
76-914
agree.gif The psg door will lock w/o holding the handle but the driver will lock w/o the key. My 76, 73 & 70 do anyways! beerchug.gif
sb914
Thanks Kent !
Steve
QUOTE(76-914 @ Nov 14 2018, 07:23 AM) *

agree.gif The psg door will lock w/o holding the handle but the driver will lock w/o the key. My 76, 73 & 70 do anyways! beerchug.gif

agree.gif Same with my 75 and previous 73.
Try it...... I've owned 914's since the late 70's and they've always worked this way.
sb914
QUOTE(TheCabinetmaker @ Nov 14 2018, 07:03 AM) *

I taught a old dog a new trick. poke.gif
sb914
QUOTE(partwerks @ Nov 13 2018, 07:00 PM) *

When locking the driver's side door, and holding the flap to close the door, it just bounces back and doesn't lock, and so wondering where the problem is?

Here's the pic per your pm. You want the lever in this position.Click to view attachment
dr914@autoatlanta.com
the catching mechanism is dirty, you will have to remove it and clean. It is getting stuck midway between open and locked that is what is doing it. An easy repair once you remove the door panel

QUOTE(partwerks @ Nov 13 2018, 08:00 PM) *

partwerks
It is in that position. I was also told by a second person it might just need cleaned.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.