Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 Gas Tank Fitment
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Steve H
Can someone confirm when the cut-off point is between early and late gas tanks? I know the '75 and ''76 gas tanks and evaporation tanks are different but did this change start sometime during the latter stages of '74 production year? Thanks
Chi-town
QUOTE(Steve H @ Nov 13 2018, 10:52 PM) *

Can someone confirm when the cut-off point is between early and late gas tanks? I know the '75 and ''76 gas tanks and evaporation tanks are different but did this change start sometime during the latter stages of '74 production year? Thanks

From my research it looks like the cutoff is the end of 73' as my car is a 4/74 and has the rear mounted charcoal canister.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
probably jan 1 1974 is the beginning of the late tank

QUOTE(Steve H @ Nov 13 2018, 11:52 PM) *

rgalla9146
QUOTE(Steve H @ Nov 14 2018, 01:52 AM) *

What is the difference between the tanks themselves ?
mepstein
QUOTE(rgalla9146 @ Nov 14 2018, 07:54 PM) *

Charcoal filter mount.
Steve
QUOTE(mepstein @ Nov 14 2018, 04:57 PM) *

QUOTE(rgalla9146 @ Nov 14 2018, 07:54 PM) *

Charcoal filter mount.

agree.gif
As well as the metal versus plastic expansion tank mounts. Personally I like the later plastic expansion tank and cap. It works better with our skinny gas nossel in smog tortured California.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.