Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Impeller Cooling Fan Question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Highland
I went to install my cooling fan and found the bolts were not long enough.

Apparently the fan I decided to clean and balance wasn't the one that was last on the motor (don't know if it was original or not).

Here are the differences. Does it matter which one I use? Is one a bus fan or do they just vary with year?

Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment
TheCabinetmaker
I've seen both styles, and they do use different length bolts. Not sure of the difference as to engines or years.
johnhora
I think I remember the cone style on the right had a black plastic bullet shaped plug inserted covering the center hole.
bbrock
QUOTE(johnhora @ Nov 16 2018, 09:56 AM) *

I think I remember the cone style on the right had a black plastic bullet shaped plug inserted covering the center hole.

agree.gif It did. I think those are early style as that's what was on my 70 and had the cap. The two 73s I've owned had the flat-nosed version.
914Sixer
Different versions for different engines. 1.7, 2.0 used the same timing marks and the 1.8 used one. As for the flat and the cone I have no answer, other than it was on the shelf.
jcd914
Flat ones were used on engines with Air Injection pumps.

Jim
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.