Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fathers Day plans whatcha doin
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
spare time toys
My day will start at 4:50 AM wake up and go to work. Get off at 2:30 PM home and into bed by 3:30 for some power sleaping and head back int work at 9:30 PM for Mids and will get off Mon 2:30 PM. Gotta take the over time when they have it. calvin.gif We can do Dads day stuff anytime biggrin.gif
Joe Bob
Drink beer, watch sports on the TV, have Mrs. K, Toast drive up and do a tag team lap dance and expect my kids to do the dishes...ain't gonna happen, but I can dream.... cool_shades.gif
Bleyseng
Go to the shop early and work on installing the new vented brakes and new 911 struts on the 914. Install the new A arm bearings too while I am at it. Maybe start on the engine assembly and cleaning. I feel like I am turning into Qarl, effin new parts are stackin up around here when they should be going on the car!

nope thats not happening. I will be painting the master bedroom and then going to DimSum. smile.gif
Mrs. K
idea.gif Talk to Toast to coordinate "tag team" lap dances for the artist formerly know as Z, and then if his kids don't do the dishes, we'll do em for him with only our bunny ears on.............then he wakes up w00t.gif

Lisa jester.gif
TimT
Dont want to be a kill joy but Im going to go to my dads grave and tend to it..

Z tape the sirens dance for the rest of the club beerchug.gif
Joe Bob
So...what's stopping you from telling him about it????

Should make a blip on the grass....tell him I said HI.

I go see gramps on vets day since he's at the one down by the Santa Monica Freeway and Wilshire....
Gint
Gonna be 93 tomorrow. I might just sit inside the air condtioned house all day and watch LeMans, F1 and CART races with wife and kids bringing me beer. beer3.gif
J P Stein
Start work at 6 AM. but off at noon. I do it (the OT) every once in a while just to keep em' off balance. A guy don't wanna be too predictable laugh.gif
redshift
oh jeeeaaahhhhh...

sheeplove.gif
GaroldShaffer
Going to Gingerman raceway and watch a few fellow SCCA members run their cars (ITB). The wife & kid want to go huh.gif confused24.gif clap.gif
Qarl
??? Dunno... gonna try and spend some time with Hunter... maybe hold him for a while... we rarely get to hold him any more.... other than hugging him in bed.

Might play with the Elise a little... but I am tired.

Father-in-law is coming over in the evening for Chinese Food.

Oh... and I'll call my Dad in Michigain tomorrow and wish him Happy Father's Day. Unfortunately, he is never in Florida on Father's Day... sad.gif

campbellcj
All I know is, I'm not workin' and I'm not cookin' Iff'n I'm really lucky, I might sleep past 8. givemebeer.gif
boxstr
Heading to Orchards Washington for a cruise in at some pizza place. Supposed to be @250 rods there. Next year going south for the LA Roadsters father day deal.
Taking one of my favorite rides.
iamchappy
I plan on taking the family out for dinner. Visit my Dad.
Watch US Open golf.
Did anyone catch the story on my Dad today (BUd Chapman) during the US Open coverage, the oldest US Open entrant ever at 82 years still eligible to qualify carrying a 1 handicap.
Joe Bob
QUOTE (iamchappy @ Jun 18 2005, 09:00 PM)
I plan on taking the family out for dinner. Visit my Dad.
Watch US Open golf.
Did anyone catch the story on my Dad today (BUd Chapman) during the US Open coverage, the oldest US Open entrant ever at 82 years still eligible to qualify carrying a 1 handicap.

Gud on for dad....I wana be able to be able to ...be able at that age....
JB 914
BBQ..........i'm cooking. biggrin.gif
Howard
QUOTE (Gint @ Jun 18 2005, 05:10 PM)
Gonna be 93 tomorrow. I might just sit inside the air condtioned house all day and watch LeMans, F1 and CART races with wife and kids bringing me beer. beer3.gif

Damn Gint, ya don't look a day over 50 wacko.gif

Son is working tomorrow, so Father's day for him today. Everyone else will be here so grandpa can make ribs, get sloshed, and watch some of the open and LM. Gratuitous pic. Our Granddaughter Samantha graduated from kindergarten Friday. went out and shared a root beer float.
Andyrew
Hopefully dad will be well enough to go to american graffiti, went with a friend today and took some pics...

Asside from that.... Work on the car a little... church, and some dougnuts sound good. biggrin.gif
Mrs. K
QUOTE (Howard @ Jun 18 2005, 10:48 PM)
Gonna be 93 tomorrow.  I might just sit inside the air condtioned house all day and watch LeMans, F1 and CART races with wife and kids bringing me beer. beer3.gif

Son is working tomorrow, so Father's day for him today. Everyone else will be here so grandpa can make ribs, get sloshed, and watch some of the open and LM. Gratuitous pic. Our Granddaughter Samantha graduated from kindergarten Friday. went out and shared a root beer float.

wub.gif Oh Howard, she is adorable!
Very nice pic!

Have a great Father's day....all of the dad's here! pray.gif

Lisa clap.gif
Howard
And one more thing. Gotta hit Mulholland and PCH again early tomorrow. It was 60ish this morning, clear blue sky, another shitty day in paradise.

Here's this morning. If you don't live here and have a 914, try to have a nice Father's day anyway biggrin.gif
Jeff Bonanno
HoWeird,

i don't live there anymore and scott took all my 914s - you trying to rub it in?

just bought me a nice place in westchester tho; come and visit sometime.

jbb
Howard
QUOTE (Jeff Bonanno @ Jun 18 2005, 11:11 PM)
HoWeird,

i don't live there anymore and scott took all my 914s - you trying to rub it in?

just bought me a nice place in westchester tho; come and visit sometime.

jbb

Aimed straight at you, banana boy biggrin.gif
Your sig still shows San Diego, but Westchester is nice, so ya done good.
Since my daughter moved back from NYC not there as often. When's the party? Where do I get off the Taconic?
Doug Leggins
Spend some time with the kids and work on the 914. Should be able to make good progress on the brakes.

Painted the calipers today.
Andyrew
Ok, dads asleep now, he wont check this before he finds out... but Im getting him $500 towards a lift!

Wee!!!!

Its a present for me, but I've never really given him a big present, so... .
Happy fathers day daddy!!!!!

biggrin.gif
Verruckt
Leaving in about 5 minutes to go fishing. God willing, we will be having a nice fishfry tonight. chowtime.gif
scottb
heading out the door in a few minutes for a long drive in the teener. will stop somewhere for coffee and read the paper. then back home to do the yard work i put off from yesterday.

went out for seafood last night.

just gonna hang out on the couch with the kids and watch tv since my daughter broke her arm on wednesday.

then maybe a nap.
redshift
QUOTE (Howard @ Jun 19 2005, 01:48 AM)
Gonna be 93 tomorrow.  I might just sit inside the air condtioned house all day and watch LeMans, F1 and CART races with wife and kids bringing me beer. beer3.gif

Our Granddaughter Samantha graduated from kindergarten Friday. went out and shared a root beer float.

huh.gif smilie_pokal.gif LMAO! YAY!!

Nice pic Howie!

smile.gif

M
DNHunt
Changing the clutch
Mr.C
Me and Pops are going to the lake and try out his new Jet Ski. He wants to race my boat and put me to shame. smile.gif
root
biggrin.gif Taking the engine 'OUT' of this BABY. So we can gwet the new one in it and
get back to working on the teener!
chilli
Let's see busy day, Will be going to Stockton and Taking wifes 94 old dad out to lunch. My daughter is here from San Diego and is going long as well. Grandson and family also tagging along :-)

Should good a day sunny and 80 ish. Gads might even back the 914 out of the garage and take a drive.

Anyway best to all dad's today,

mike driving.gif
morph
kids are going to grandmas,wife is gone in portland allready with some of her clients.
ill spend the day eatin sparks grinding & welding on the rear of my 71 boldblue.gif
welder.gif
james
914werke
Believe it not driving the yellow car to strip the white car screwy.gif
rhodyguy
wishing my father was still living and mowing the yard.

k
Joe Bob
Just called my Dad in San Diego....he's heading out to the horse race track to play with the ponies.... mueba.gif
street legal go-kart
First let us address Lisa's avatar.
This item should be illegal or at best deleted .Even as a very happily married man it is pictures like this that remind me of my days as the only straight guy in a ballet troup of about 40 young ladies. Very fond memories indeed idea.gif

Back to the subject at hand,
Ribs in the smoker since yesterday eve, Called pop this morning, breakfast in bed and now headed down the street to the marina to meet another couple for a day of sailing on Miss Mari's Catalina 22. Probably a few beers and a shot or two of Cassadores. Maybe pull each other on the surfboard behind the boat for laughs blink.gif

Have a great day everyone!

JT and Miss Mari
MoveQik
Spent the weekend up in the high country with the fam. Came home today to have our dads over for swimming and a BBQ.
Jake Raby
I spent the day with my dad and also scored another VW for the collection- But this one is for him.. Its a 1974 Type 181 or Thing... It needs a resto but all I plan on doing is getting it running and stopping and letting him use it around town... He enjoyed the thrill of the hunt since we used to buy, sell and trade VWs 2-3 times a week and have not done it in a few years together.

When we returned we dug up some earth worms and took a trip off the side of the hill to our fish pond, wet a hook and came home with 6 Bass and 3 catfish before the rain ran us home... Now its time to give him his gift- I'm taking him to Vegas next weekend because he loves to play slots and win money and he has never been to Vegas before, neither have I.....
Dr. Roger
Just got off the phone with my Dad.

I'm surprised he was home and not down at the track betting the ponies. =-)

Almost 70 and was telling me about his new girlfriend. I can't keep up with 'em.

Guess he's going to hit the beach/swim today and see G friend tomorrw for some extra curricular activites... I need to wrk out more..... laugh.gif

Happy Fathers Day. biggrin.gif
Howard
Ribs, corn, beer. The 3 basic food groups smilie_pokal.gif
Meredith
The prodigal children have returned, so it's sort of been a lazy family day. Dad's BBQing, sister's cooking, everyone else is kicking back, doing nothing. Father's Day is great!
rick 918-S
Sandy and I took the Alien out early this morning on a 300+ mile round trip the the "B ack to the 50's" Car Show at the Minnesota Sate Fair Grounds. Picture about a squarw mile or so of black topped streets covered elbo to elbo with cars and people! That's cool! rocking nana.gif aktion035.gif
rick 918-S
aktion035.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.