Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SoCal Tech Session:
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914_7T3
Please join myself and @ValcoOscar for a tech session Saturday December 8th at a Vintage Air Cooled shop in the San Fernando Valley. (exact time TBD)

The plan is to tackle the following:

Dash and gauge install

Wiper Rack

Fresh Air Box and peripheral venting (there is a parts car onsite that can be referenced)

We are looking for a "few good men" who can lend their expertise and assistance. All parts will be prepped and ready to go. All who decide to join will be well fed and caffeinated throughout the session.

This is a really cool environment in which to do this. You can also inquire if they can help your project with parts or expertise.

Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

Please DM me if you are interested in joining!
914_7T3
Giving this thread a icon_bump.gif

We now have 5 confirmed including myself, @ValcoOscar @914-300hemi and two non-world members.

Shout out to @sb914 to come out and do the bumper top swap!

Looking for two more, we get underway at 8:00am, coffee, bagels & donuts will be available and then we can do lunch (on me) once we finish up.

beerchug.gif
second wind
I would like to attend and can be there by 11:am. Please provide address if game is still on.....thank you.
gg
ValcoOscar
QUOTE(second wind @ Dec 5 2018, 06:38 PM) *

I would like to attend and can be there by 11:am. Please provide address if game is still on.....thank you.
gg

Cool...I'll be there when we start

Oscar
914_7T3
QUOTE(second wind @ Dec 5 2018, 06:38 PM) *

gg

For sure @second wind I will send PMs on Thursday once triple confirmed. @Mike D has also offered to attend.
Larmo63
We are opening our first store Saturday, but I'll try.

iankarr
Depending on how things go at work on Friday, I may be able to make it till 1pm or so...
euro911
idea.gif

popcorn[1].gif
sb914
QUOTE(914_7T3 @ Nov 30 2018, 06:01 PM) *

We now have 5 confirmed including myself, @ValcoOscar @914-300hemi and two non-world members.

Looking for two more, we get underway at 8:00am, coffee, bagels & donuts will be available and then we can do lunch (on me) once we finish up.

beerchug.gif

Sorry Can't make it!
914_7T3
QUOTE(sb914 @ Dec 6 2018, 05:19 AM) *

beerchug.gif

Sorry Can't make it!

If we have enough manpower, we'll swap it out for you regardless!
914_7T3
QUOTE(cuddy_k @ Dec 5 2018, 09:39 PM) *

Depending on how things go at work on Friday, I may be able to make it till 1pm or so...

@cuddy_k That would be EPIC!!!

smilie_pokal.gif
Curbandgutter
Man I'd love to be there, but it's my weekend to take care of my aging mom. Mom>>>>914
aharder
I would love to go but my space ship is not working mad.gif

idea.gif Maybe I can get Ian to fly by and beam me up on his way from N Y av-943.gif
sb914
QUOTE(914_7T3 @ Dec 6 2018, 09:07 AM) *

QUOTE(sb914 @ Dec 6 2018, 05:19 AM) *

beerchug.gif

Sorry Can't make it!

If we have enough manpower, we'll swap it out for you regardless!

I don't need but thank you !
914_7T3
We asked for a few good men and the 914 World members did not disappoint.

We had a great day out in the Valley and hit a few more milestones today!

Special thanks to all who attended including @mike D @second wind with special acknowledgement to @ValcoOscar @914-300hemi and @cuddy_k for their hard work and expertise.

smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif

New foam and correct vinyl was cut by Oscar using the original piece as a template. Once glued down, out came the 914 Rubber dash from @mikey914 It far exceeds the quality of the original and looks great. You would be nuts to use anything else.

Wiper linkage and the dreaded Fresh Air Box with peripheral venting and cables were installed. @cuddyk will be uploading some video on that and without his expertise, there is no way that was going to get done!

So appreciative to have these guys on board and share their day!

first.gif

iankarr
Great day, Jeffrey! Glad we could lend whatever brain cells and knuckle skin we have left. Your car is beautiful. Can’t wait to see it on the road.
euro911
Sorry I couldn't make it ... I (being an old retired fuck) didn't wake up in time to make it a worthwhile effort.

Looks like you guys made great progress ... looking forward to the video (film at 11) popcorn[1].gif

Hopefully Ian will be out this way again when I need to deal with my fresh-air fan assembly happy11.gif
914-300Hemi
Glad to help get a 914 closer to be on the road again.
Had a great time.
burton73
You guys are great. Happy to see Jeffery's car come together. I love to see our So Ca Brothers help out.

Happy Holidays.

Bob B
sunglasses.gif
76-914
Why does Huckleberry Finn and a fence come to my mind when reading this thread? shades.gif
iankarr
QUOTE(76-914 @ Dec 9 2018, 10:36 PM) *

Why does Huckleberry Finn and a fence come to my mind when reading this thread? shades.gif

HA. I was looking for the whitewash paint while we were working, Kent. Especially when I realized the wrong cable was under the airbox AFTER I had clipped it in.
914_7T3
QUOTE(76-914 @ Dec 9 2018, 07:36 PM) *

WOW.................................................................................................................

blink.gif

iankarr
QUOTE(914_7T3 @ Dec 9 2018, 11:15 PM) *

QUOTE(76-914 @ Dec 9 2018, 07:36 PM) *

WOW.................................................................................................................

blink.gif

You know Kent would've been there if he could've. Great to help fellow teeners. Really fun day.
rgalla9146
QUOTE(aharder @ Dec 6 2018, 03:48 PM) *

I would love to go but my space ship is not working mad.gif

idea.gif Maybe I can get Ian to fly by and beam me up on his way from N Y av-943.gif

If Ian can pick you up can I come too ?
Mikey914
QUOTE(914_7T3 @ Dec 8 2018, 09:44 PM) *

We asked for a few good men and the 914 World members did not disappoint.

We had a great day out in the Valley and hit a few more milestones today!

Special thanks to all who attended including @mike D @second wind with special acknowledgement to @ValcoOscar @914-300hemi and @cuddy_k for their hard work and expertise.

smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif

New foam and correct vinyl was cut by Oscar using the original piece as a template. Once glued down, out came the 914 Rubber dash from @mikey914 It far exceeds the quality of the original and looks great. You would be nuts to use anything else.

Wiper linkage and the dreaded Fresh Air Box with peripheral venting and cables were installed. @cuddyk will be uploading some video on that and without his expertise, there is no way that was going to get done!

So appreciative to have these guys on board and share their day!

first.gif

Thanks appreciate the props, that dash took us 3 years to develop fully.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.